Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Under the new 10c rules the forest service is closing all of the trails on the Oregon Dunes. This reduces access and cuts approximately 103 miles of trails down to only 4.
http://www.fs.fed.us/nepa/fs-usda-pop.php/?project=34220
Everything in yellow will be closed.

If you've ever ridden or have wanted to ride the Oregon Dunes I encourage you to comment at:
[email protected]
or
mailto:[email protected]

Even if you haven't ridden here, we are all still in the same boat. More closures mean less riding areas. This is our last chance to speak out before we lose major sections of the Oregon Dunes.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
The second link does not work. I've ridden those dunes when I used to travel thru Oregon and that will be sad to see them close by these liberal/ save a tree people living OR.

I tell you, we are losing trails all over the country because of these people and the sad part is that we do not have enough leverage to fight since we are not a group/club like they are.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed the second link.

The extreme environmental groups are killing the dunes and the forest service is "managing" them to death. All to protect invasive, non-native plants that they themselves introduce under the pretense of "stabilizing" the dunes. These plants are now choking the dunes and everywhere they spread means more closures. Yet once again we are blamed for problems we did not create.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Yeah, I'm super pissed about this. The sand trails are my favorite type of riding. I am trying to spread the word to all my local atv friends, but I think it might be too little too late. This blows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts