Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done cleaning the XX today and discovered some damage from my ride at CAW over the weekend. Turns out I scratched all of my wheels and bent one of them. Couldn't even tell while riding or when on the trailer but while washing it off today I discovered it. Also saw some nice scratches and scrapes on the underside of the body. Looks like all them ruts and rocks christened the XX. So with that being said, what kind of damage have you discovered after a good hard ride?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have had the fuel reserve/on/off knob fall off, parking brake broke, and the connection for the neutral/reverse cable was broke off on the neutral end. Also, my heel guards are cracked in pieces from driving over fallen down trees.
Oh, and that incident where I blew about 4 gaskets/O-rings and destroyed my piston...

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
for sure they are but i do believe that trx sixpack 700xx get the award for the roughest lol. first time out on mine it was dark and we had round 6 inches of snow and i cut a corner too close to a fallen down old fence left front wheel caught it and it spun the bike 90 degrees before sending it into a roll. the damn thing launched me about 15ft i tucked and rolled lol. bent the handlebars and as i was bending em back i busted off the little cap thing at the end of the grip but no biggie. she rides fine with out it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
for sure they are but i do believe that trx sixpack 700xx get the award for the roughest lol. first time out on mine it was dark and we had round 6 inches of snow and i cut a corner too close to a fallen down old fence left front wheel caught it and it spun the bike 90 degrees before sending it into a roll. the damn thing launched me about 15ft i tucked and rolled lol. bent the handlebars and as i was bending em back i busted off the little cap thing at the end of the grip but no biggie. she rides fine with out it.
Thanks for giving me the award, but it certainly isn't the proudest I've been to win something, lol. Sure would have been nice to spend that money on some mods instead of fixing the XX.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
dude mod while fixing lol it works better

I have bent a wheel broke plastic bent a tie rod bent stearing stem scratched everything and kept racing

we still managed third in our class

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I just use mine as an excuse. Like this weekend i had a stick put a hole through the plastic skid plate so now im looking for a metal one. I told the wifey it was mandatory to have one for my safety and next thing i know she was searching with me. I need to cut one of my tires so i can get the ones i want no questions asked. I love it!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I just use mine as an excuse. Like this weekend i had a stick put a hole through the plastic skid plate so now im looking for a metal one. I told the wifey it was mandatory to have one for my safety and next thing i know she was searching with me. I need to cut one of my tires so i can get the ones i want no questions asked. I love it!!!!
now just hope she doesnt search this forum too... lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have had the fuel reserve/on/off knob fall off, parking brake broke, and the connection for the neutral/reverse cable was broke off on the neutral end. Also, my heel guards are cracked in pieces from driving over fallen down trees.
Oh, and that incident where I blew about 4 gaskets/O-rings and destroyed my piston...
I feel a lot better about the minor damage on mine now!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.