Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have been thinking about putting in some stage two cams in my 700xx this summer, but i wanted to know if I do the stage two cams will I have to change out the stock exhaust too?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The headwork and piston isnt needed if you are just looking to drop in a hot cam. The exhaust on the other hand would be a good idea to have first. You can make nice power with just a Hot Cam 3, Good full exhaust, and a fuel programmer

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I'm glad somebody asked this question I was just about to ask the same !!! I have the big 3, Barker, K & N & EHS programmer. I was thinking about putting in a hot cam stage 2 or 3. Now my question is, can I do it without touching the head, piston & other internals + how hard is it to set the EHS programmer for the hot cams. Keep in mind I don't have any dyno's around & I would like to keep it simple. I know when I ordered my big 3 package Eric had preset the controller for the set-up so I never had anything to program into it. All I ever did was install it & I checked my spark plug, it was good. For the programming I could always call Eric & he could direct me on how to do it.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I'm glad somebody asked this question I was just about to ask the same !!! I have the big 3, Barker, K & N & EHS programmer. I was thinking about putting in a hot cam stage 2 or 3. Now my question is, can I do it without touching the head, piston & other internals + how hard is it to set the EHS programmer for the hot cams. Keep in mind I don't have any dyno's around & I would like to keep it simple. I know when I ordered my big 3 package Eric had preset the controller for the set-up so I never had anything to program into it. All I ever did was install it & I checked my spark plug, it was good. For the programming I could always call Eric & he could direct me on how to do it.
A drop in cam like a hot cam is easy to install. Eric has dynoed the ehs big 3 with stage 3 hot cam and has the setting to put into the controller. It's all easy with no need to mess with the jug or piston.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yes, what he said. You don't have to mess with the head or piston at all if you are just dropping in a hot cam and Eric at EHS has settings ready to go so it will take no time at all.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
depends on what you get

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
could i get a slip on or would it have to be the full exhaust system? and which one would have a noise level that's about the same as the stock exhaust?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
HMF Competition Full Exhaust Pipe this setup has the Trimax Core features 3 levels of power and sound. Included with every exhaust are 3 inserts that effect the sound and power differently, giving you complete control and allowing you to dictate the type of power and sound you need, when you need it. Seen on ebay for low $400's

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
The head pipe is about 160$ I think for the leovince so its about 420 for the whole system.
I wonder if the fmf powerbomb would work with the leovince. Anyways the hmf seems pretty nice too. How many db's do they actually produce with the quiet insert ?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wow sounds pretty good to me. That will be my next purchase for my quad.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts