Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'll start off by introducing myself i'm Thomas and I raced the ftr circuit here in FL (ftr- Florida trail riders) and was sponsored by a local Shop and by Yoshi, twin air, monster, and protaper. I was unfortunate enough to brake my back and had to give up riding and racing and of course my sponsors left me high and dry lol and dropped me when I asked for help to fix my quad. But anyways that's in the past now and i'm looking to get back into riding because I just can't stand not to its my stress release you could say.but the old back can't take the rough pounding anymore and I have recently taken the law enforcement career rout and have to be careful but I love and miss it to much to give it up but I don't want to go the 4x4 rout yet caus I want to be a Lil sporty lol. I just wanted to know if its a reliable bike and what's the most common stuff to go wrong and how hard is it to work on? I noticed the CV axles, do they hold up well? how hard is it to change the sprokets? And adjust the valves? and how is the ride.

Happy trails too All! Any input is wanted please and thank you :xx:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've had mine for about a year now and I have 700 miles on it so far and it hasn't given me a bit of trouble it's done and does any thing i ask it to. so for me it's been really reliable, as for your question about adjusting the valves i don't know cause I haven't adjusted the valves on mine yet. the ride on the 700xx is better than a solid axle quad but if you get some fox or elka shocks it will ride even better. all I have to say is I love mine.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Hey guys I'll start off by introducing myself i'm Thomas and I raced the ftr circuit here in FL (ftr- Florida trail riders) and was sponsored by a local Shop and by Yoshi, twin air, monster, and protaper. I was unfortunate enough to brake my back and had to give up riding and racing and of course my sponsors left me high and dry lol and dropped me when I asked for help to fix my quad. But anyways that's in the past now and i'm looking to get back into riding because I just can't stand not to its my stress release you could say.but the old back can't take the rough pounding anymore and I have recently taken the law enforcement career rout and have to be careful but I love and miss it to much to give it up but I don't want to go the 4x4 rout yet caus I want to be a Lil sporty lol. I just wanted to know if its a reliable bike and what's the most common stuff to go wrong and how hard is it to work on? I noticed the CV axles, do they hold up well? how hard is it to change the sprokets? And adjust the valves? and how is the ride.

Happy trails too All! Any input is wanted please and thank you :xx:
i used to race the FTR back in early to mid 1980s think last race was in 1984, but i think i could take an 700XX and win on it down there in that series, the 700 is reliable and isnt harder to work on than others and its easier on the back because of the IRS:xx:

·
Registered
821 Posts
I ride with a couple 4x4's. They have yet to go somewhere I can't. The ride is awesome. I remember when I had my warrior you had to pay atention what you drove over so you wouldn't get high centered, now I don't even have to, the ground clearance is great. I only seen 2-3 people have problems with the cv's, but most 4x4's have them too.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Agree with everything above and will add.

The hardest part about doing the valves is all the plastics ,you have to remove to do this. It takes about 2 or 3 times for you to remember the order to take all of them off and replacing them and which bolt went where. It gets easier the more you do it.

Front sprocket takes about 2 mins to change, even on a hot motor.The rear about 10 mins. Both are very easy to change.

Youll find there is a "Knack" to doing most jobs on the xx. Most which is shared on the forum by the members.This helps me out alot.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I ride with a couple 4x4's. They have yet to go somewhere I can't. The ride is awesome. I remember when I had my warrior you had to pay atention what you drove over so you wouldn't get high centered, now I don't even have to, the ground clearance is great. I only seen 2-3 people have problems with the cv's, but most 4x4's have them too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
In the end its a Honda, so you will be buying quality. I have a Rincon 680 and a 700XX and neither have let me down, always get me home no matter the abuse I dish out. I have had my Rincon since Sept. 09, and have giving her over 2000 miles of hard riding , and if my 700 was built to the same quality, it will hold up just as goodif not better. The worse thing about riding the 700XX, is it makes me feel like I can climb anything. So far I have.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
The 700XX is a very reliable bike and the motor is very simple to work on, the valves are easy to adjust, which can be done in about an hour by yourself. I havent had any problems with my CV's or any driveline issues. And the ride is unbelievable for a sport bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts