·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IRS won't ever go back to SA got spoiled with the 700

Thinking about trading it in just because of what's out there for the outlaw compared to whats out there for the honda and the KTM motor does help.

How will I be disappointed? Every review i've read about the 525 got great reviews.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I was loking at those before I got my XX, you see which website I am on. Personal opinion, but I wouldn't own anything plaris but the razr.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Weekend warrior

What got me interested in the 525 was my waynoka trip this last weekend there were a few out there and I had the chance to ride one though I had to let the guy ride my 700 :cry: I was kinda hesitant to say the least.

I liked the handling of the 525 compared to the 700 and it didn't seem to push so hard in the corners like the honda does.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Waynoka. I'm assuming you live in Oklahoma?

If the push is your only gripe with the 700 buy a sway bar and a set of eds upper a arms. Then you will throw rocks at the Polaris.

·
Registered
369 Posts
+ 1 with i few inexpensive mods it will turn it into a whole different machine

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually no, I live in Coffeyville Ks. about an hour drive from Tulsa OK.

I go up to Waynoka about 3 times a year love hitting the dunes.

Like most people I love my 700 just the push in corners just about kills it for me, I'm only 160 lbs soaking wet lol

I'll try the sway bar and arms and see if it helps with handling.

I ride trails alot, Keystone and Disney mostly would the sway bar go against the IRS?

·
Registered
755 Posts
get 11/16 sway bar, upper a arms, razr tires and it will handle just as good as the 525.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Call me next time you are coming down to the tulsa/disney area. I'll let you ride mine with the bar and arms so you can see that it is possible to get these bikes to turn like they should and still be able to smoke everyone else.

My number is 918-857-1948.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
It does remove some action from the IRS, but it's an improvement. I mean, every road course type race car in the world is IRS, and they always have a heavier, stiffer sway bar than their stock counterparts. It's a great upgrade, and is COMPLETELY worth the small change you might notice in ride quality. I can't speak to the quality of the 525, I've never been around one. But, I would've probably bought one of those if I could've gotten the same price as I my 700. But now, I can't imagine having anything other than my 700, it's a blast to ride. The XX is an animal on the really technical stuff at Keystone (it will lumber up anything if you're in the lumbering mood), but still shines at hauling down trails. I mean, I'm not a fast rider by any stretch, but this bike will do far more than I'm capable of, and be very stable in the process. Not bashing the 525, but give the 700 a couple hundred bucks, and you'll love the balance it strikes.

And ALWAYS listen to K1500, he speaka da truf!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I kinda like blasting down the beach at keystone and hitting a small bump and riding a wheelie in 5th gear.

But with a little practice you can shift your weight, lightly drag the front brake and almost do a front wheel pivot donut while still mostly sitting on the seat in grass. On gravel it is no issue.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
IRS won't ever go back to SA got spoiled with the 700

Thinking about trading it in just because of what's out there for the outlaw compared to whats out there for the honda and the KTM motor does help.

How will I be disappointed? Every review i've read about the 525 got great reviews.
The KTM motor is pretty much race ready right outta the box... BUT that's what the motor is designed for... racing. As in most race motors, you loose much of the durability of a true trail quad. You'll always be tinkering with something... valves need adjusting just about every ride. They have a very weird rear shock geometry, crappy universals and trash universal boots. I have a friend with an Outlaw... He's missed so many rides because his quad was broke... and when we went to Pismo, his boot tore the first day... and it was brand new... got sand inside and couldn't just replace the universal joint, he had to buy the whole axle... and then wait and wait for the part.
Polaris does make some good stuff (Razr, Razr S and Razr XP) but the Outlaw 525 ain't one of them. IMO

roadkill

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have to agree with roadkill they are a bit on the fragile side, and not nearly as trustworthy as the Honda. A few bucks will make the 700xx corner just as well as and Outlaw - mainly a swaybar and new tires.

·
Registered
316 Posts
A friend of mine has a 525 and is is a nice ride when it isnt broken,,,,,, But all he gets done is replaceing parts. I have never seen a bike that just wears out so fast. I am mostly talking suspension and steering parts.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i owened a 525 irs outlaw. it moves. they both pull. both irs. both front shocks are not the best. i had to rejet, it overheated all the time, had to fix this and that all the time. my honda- just turn the key and ride thats it..................

1 - 20 of 22 Posts