Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up guys? I have a 2007 Honda civic si that I'm going to trade in for a new truck. I've been looking and found that the new 2011 dodge ram is at a great price right now. I will be trading in the civic for a 4 door 4.7 v8 ram 1500. Do you guys have any thoughts on the new dodge. Heard anything about them that should sway me away from getting one? Truck will be dark grey.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
My buddy has that same truck (even the same color) and he loves it. It doesn’t pull much but im use to my Duramax so maybe that’s not important to you. He puts his quad in the back and pulls a pop-up trailer and its perfect for what he needs it for.​

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only want to haul my quad and I have a custom made 4.5x8ft trailer that I might tow other bikes on if needed. Hopefully sometime this week I can get my track suspension off the civic and get the stock back on and appraised at carmax. Found the ruck and dealer that I want to buy it from. Should be going down there to talk to them this week.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
if u get a dodge get it with the cummin if u dont want a diesel truck go with ford... if u can get the triton v10... my dads camper has that engine... over 100k miles and it still run like new... and its a 30' class c...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I have a 2006 Ram, love it. Love the new ones even better but Im stickin with the one thats to be paid for in August lol!
106k miles and just changed the plugs.....

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have 3 fords and a chevy and never a dodge. If you look in the dictionary dodge is defined as: too avoid. JK but i have heard good things about that truck. Get a bowtie!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well Im diggin the dodge bc my dad has an 05 ot 03 and its got like 86000 miles and nothing wrong with it. Did great in our 30 plus inches of snow last year. Ford and chevy are over priced for what I can get dollar for dollar. I can get a 1500 ram with leather adn navi 4door for the same price as a lower model ford or a gmc with leather and no navi. Dodge has a great sale right now. Chevy is offering 0% financing but goes off today. And Im not ready to sell my car today. Haev about 6Grand in parts to take off to return to stock and then trade in lol.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Oh yeah, dont buy the 4.7- its a turd when it comes to power. The 5.7 is worth the $2k or so more over the base engine, trust me.

·
Registered
377 Posts

I love this truck too if I was going to buy a Ford. My buddy has a Dodge and I would use it once in a while and I liked it. But Greg50Lt? What a huge sacrafice. Going from Japaneese to American. Nobody favors Toyota or Nissan trucks? :confused:

I have been burned so many times from driving American. I have been driving Japaneese for 20 years now and I always put 200,000 + miles on everything I owned with less repairs bills. Believe me I am all about America but I also believe in quality for the money you spend. I work way to hard to buy something that does not last. I feel I am supporting some American that I bought it from.:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, i dotn haev the money to buy a 250. Would love to but no thanks. Im definatly getting the 5.7. Price wise its just so much easier on the wallet for the dodge then teh rest.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Yeah, I noticed you were getting the smaller one at first. You will like the more power and stuff, Nikki and my friends Dodge has the Hemi, and it is pretty nice, but you have to put 91 octane in it or better. Just a heads up.

Ceballos....I hate you for bringing that truck up LOL. If only I had waited. When I bought my new F150, they had that on the lot, same color as in the pic, but the supercab, not the supercrew, and I have to say, I love the supercab. Only prob, if you get all the options I have on my new truck on the raptor, along w/ the raptor package, you're looking at over 54K, and they aren't really giving discounts on the raptors like all the other trucks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea that raptor truck is really nice but way to expensive. I'm going tomm to test drive s few trucks and get my car appraised. Took of the majority of the parts on the car is appraisable now and the parts on it won't hurt my trade in. will update tomm and let you know how it goes

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had an 07 dodge 4 door hemi big horn. Had it for 3 year. It was a nice looking truck, but had alot of problems. 3 rear ends,battery blewup under hood, had to replace 3 ac outlets, 2 new front hubs at 500.00 a pop. Motor mount, tranmission mount. And the last thing was the ac went out. Than i traded it for a new tundra. I have had ford chevy dodge. If i had it to do over i would have payed the extra for the tundra years ago. Love the truck. The power of the 5.7 i force is a big differance over the hemi.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Wow, lots of trouble out of that 07. Guess Im glad mine is an 06 HEMI lol, 106k miles and hadnt touched it except for regular oil changes.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts