Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My engine sound good or not???

I know the 700xx have a wird sound, but I dont remember the sound when I buy it.

I just adjust valve clearence yesterday, but I'm not sure agaisnt!!

Thanks to help

I know it hard to ear just the engine with the exhaust sound, but thanks to try!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And what the normal top speed of the xx on 20 rear without any mod, no pipe, controler or anything. I hit 70-73mph, it s normal??

·
Registered
821 Posts
I really didn't notice aany abnormal sounds. As for your speed question, just guessing but going to a 20 in tire is loosing 2inches so roughly 10%. I had mine to 80 on stock tires, so loose 10% of that puts you down to 72 ish. Ballpark answer.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I didn't hear anything abnormal. As far as the top speed goes. I don't think you would lose much because the razr 2's run a little taller than 20" and the dunflops run small.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
And what the normal top speed of the xx on 20 rear without any mod, no pipe, controler or anything. I hit 70-73mph, it s normal??
If you are running a 20x11x10 on rear on a 10x7 or 10x8 , you'll be at 22" od. I have tried to get the rear at 20", The tyres arn't there to do this.
As for the sound clip , it sounds normal.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Sounds normal to me. I don't think there is anything to worry about.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Man you're gonna freak if you gonna put a cam with stiffer springs, it's much more noisier.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's bone stock.

I know the XX is noiser, but I realise how noise it is this week:)

Thnaks guy!!!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
WiZkY,
Sound normal to me. The first time I backed mine into the garage without my helmet, I thought there was way too much noise from the engine but when riding with a helmet it's a lot quieter. :lol:
Sid

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Mines got a tick in it that is completely random. Was hoping you had the same noise.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
My valves tick quite loudly. Im thinking the bigger cam is doing it but it is definitely louder than stock

1 - 12 of 12 Posts