Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a big fire burning in the Mendocino National Forest for about 10 days now. At this point, it's about 90% contained but not before burning about 30,000 acres and most of one of the best riding areas in Nor Cal (Stonyford) The area will probably remain closed for years after the fire is out to allow the land to recover. :cry:

We ride there every fall with a group of 30-40 riders of all ages, but NOT this fall.

roadkill

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just recomended to easystreet a recent burn area in Colorado. About 52,000 acres have been burned but I'm not sure if that area is open to riders. At least the smoke jumpers or fire fighters cleared out some trails to get equipment in and out. This drought is really going to kill it for Summer riding season. Can you say "FIRE BAN"

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just recomended to easystreet a recent burn area in Colorado. About 52,000 acres have been burned but I'm not sure if that area is open to riders. At least the smoke jumpers or fire fighters cleared out some trails to get equipment in and out. This drought is really going to kill it for Summer riding season. Can you say "FIRE BAN"
It was actually around 94,000 acres if I remember right.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sorry been out of Country a bit too long. I hear one person perished, sad to hear that. I had no idea it went up to 94,000 acres. Fire is one way of replanting trees. Kind of backward if you think about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts