Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you set your air pressure at? I know the RAZR's need more air than the 6.1psi rating for the factory Dunlop's. But how much more? I do mostly VERY aggressive rough trail riding, some jumping when I can, drag racing, and some MX.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I thought I checked mine at 5 lbs last week

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? Lower than stock? I figured it would be a little higher. I'll try it out at 5 and go from there. Thanks man.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yea the harder sidewall doesn't require as much pressure.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Depends on the terrain, if real rocky my friend with th xx runs 7, if not then 5.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yea it would be normal to run it a bit higher at 7 or so on rocky/pointy terrain

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok cool. I guess I'll try it at 7and go from there. The terrain can be very rocky in quite a few places. Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Luckily I haven't had one yet. I have no idea how because I have nailed rocks so hard it jerked the handle bars to one side and out of my hands.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Could it be that most people with bent rims were running below normal air pressure?
No..It's because they're a POS. If you're not bending them you're not riding hard enough.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Should I run my RAZR2 at the same 7psi? (rocky environment)

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
You'll be able to tell if you think you need more or not. There are variables like rider weight, bike weight etc. With the added width and stiffer sidewalls of the razr it would have to be very harsh conditions to run 7

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
This tire pressure feedback is good to know. I just recently changed to Razr rear and Razr2 front. I initially set my tires at 8 front and back, but will now be dropping them to 7... Yes, I do ride in very rough rocky areas.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
As stated by Maxxis on there FAQ section

What air pressure should I run in my ATV tires?
Answer:At Maxxis we always suggest running the air pressure recommended by your vehicle’s manufacturer. The maximum air pressure listed on the sidewall of the tire is not necessarily the pressure you should use

·
Registered
150 Posts
duhh ths is wat u should do either way.
At Maxxis we always suggest running the air pressure recommended by your vehicle’s manufacturer.
just add 1 take 1 depending on condition. whoever said they run 8, damn.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
duhh ths is wat u should do either way. just add 1 take 1 depending on condition. whoever said they run 8, damn.
Try that on the RAZR fronts and see how it handles. My brothers Z400 is labeled as 4 front and rear using factory tires. We set it 4 and trying to turn was like the tire was flat. It pushed and slid across the ground instead of actually biting, digging, and turning. Guess what we did.... ran them at 8psi and it handled perfect again. We also found that on his bike it felt the best when the rear RAZR's were at 7.5psi.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts