Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello iam currious if any one out their uses fox gear and how well does it stand up aginst thor gear ? my guess is they are about the same

also currious how i should size the evs rc neck brace... iam 5'7 and roughly 180 if that helps

thanks in advance

·
Registered
253 Posts
I always thought Thor and Fox were over priced since they are like the poster brands. I like brands like Fly and Answer, I feel they're just as good as my Fox stuff and for 1/2 the price.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I started out in fox gear and its nice, fit good and all that. I switched over to MSR about a year ago maybe two and I like it just the same. Apparral wise.

I would never cheap out on a helmut. The poly helmuts do a fair job for the average rider, but if u ride on the hard side (pushing the edge I guess) I recommend buckin up for a fiberglass lid. I'm wearin a troy lee now and I love it.

The difference bein that the poly plastic helmuts "bounce" on hard impact and fiberglass actually absorbs and difuses the impact.

Btw, hope ur recovery is going well, my family and I are prayin for u hawk.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
ive always been a fox guy and havent had any problems with my stuff in wat ever soprt im in. i got so much fox stuff you'd think i was sponsered.lol

·
Registered
253 Posts
There's definitely nothing wrong with Fox, one of the first and best. I just don't like paying double for the name.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i hear you there for example i payed 100$ for a sweatshirt and four months later it was on the discount rack for 30! damn! buying direct from fox helps sometimes they have good deals.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
first off, tomkat......thanks for the awsome post, your always lifting me up and my recovery is comming along just fine....

iam looking on ebay for good deals so iam not getting ripped off so far iam bidding on

alpinestarts boots
fox v2 hart and huntington helmet
esv rc neck brace
fox 360 pants and jersey

this should be a good start to arming me back up to ride again. i have a used thor chest protector i got off ebay and love it but will most likely get a fox because i think the thore is a little small for me

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've always wanted a Fox V Series helmet, I'm looking at one of these for a future purchase.

V1 Whitewall

V1 Prints

Only two they have in my size (XXL) that I like.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Fox is some really good stuff. Their boots/pant's/jersey's have far surpassed the life of my previous O'neal and Thor garbage. As far as helmets, I would suggest that you look into a carbon fiber helmet. Yes they are very expensive, but the reduced weight is less weight stressing your neck if you do crash.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hahaha and it has been noted that i do crash hahaha big time. i have been looking into a neck brace to help with that, the evs evo or rc neck brace.

any thoughts on that ?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I've got a brand new pair of Fox Nomad pants that a. are way to long, they need to make different lengths, b. The stitching in the crotch of them has come undone and the elastic is all stretched out. They need to make pants for short people. You'd have to be 7 foot tall for a size 34 to fit.

·
Registered
253 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've got a brand new pair of Fox Nomad pants that a. are way to long, they need to make different lengths, b. The stitching in the crotch of them has come undone and the elastic is all stretched out. They need to make pants for short people. You'd have to be 7 foot tall for a size 34 to fit.
My Nomad's are the same way. I'm 6'1" and the size 38's are about 5 inches too long for me.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
My Nomad's are the same way. I'm 6'1" and the size 38's are about 5 inches too long for me.
When mine are shorts, their mid calf!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Jeff has almost walked the ends off of them.
I'm trying! Already knocked a few teeth off the zippers for the cuffs. I'm going take them to get them hemmed one of these days. Lady will probably ask why I want 4" pants extensions.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i got fox 360 pants and a fox sfx jersey new off ebay for 110 shiped and a v3 small helmet for 90 bucks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts