Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Thoughts on plastic

5K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  jake99buell 
#1 · (Edited)
After I installed my Pro Armor nerfs, I became even less enamored with the "frame" guards on the machine. After you take off the stock heel guard, the plastic just kind of hangs there. It also gets the living crap scratched out of it when you ride. I hope somebody comes up with something to install in it's place. The problem is that piece ties into the rear fender and that little piece under the tank that has the 700XX logo on it. Usually you can get aluminum or carbon fiber frame guards for a quad, but that is going to be a problem on the XX. Hopefully someone figures something out. Just thinking/hoping out loud here.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Yeah. that's what mine looks like too, obviously. Other than the plastic looking like crap, the real problem is that it now just kind of hangs there, as the stock heel guard tied into that piece.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
If it were me I would remove the plastick all the way up to the seat.

Check out the pics of Wayne Matlock's; it doesn't have any of that.
Yeah, but then it looks like a half finished quad...you know, like an Outlaw!!!

Discussion starter · #11 ·
If it were me I would remove the plastick all the way up to the seat.

Check out the pics of Wayne Matlock's; it doesn't have any of that.
Actually, that piece is still on Matlock's machine, they just trimmed the bottom of it off just below the bolt that holds it on. Take a look at this months Dirt Wheels, they've got a few good shots of it.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.