Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a Throttle Body Modification avalible for the 700XX? I heard that the throttle body can be bored out. How would the quad react to this modification?

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Someone in here has mentioned that there's a bigger bore throttle body for our beast but can't recall where I saw that? Sorry too much info and can not retain everything,lol!

·
Registered
626 Posts
alba can tapper bore your throttle body and i am sure many others can aswell when i spoke to bo he said our throttle body are good with out modding up to 70hp as for gains not sure

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
a bore tb will give u better topend with smaller gains in mid and low but no losses.... i hade the $$$ id do it right after the big 3

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Eric

Where r u located, forgot!

Never mind, found u. too far for me, sorry

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
if someone is close with one of our big three packages i would do it on theres that would work well. They may have to kick in a few bucks to cover some of the TB if they want to keep it but i would do all work for free. The TB are probably going to be in the $500 area im guessing retail if it goes like i think but i need to see how everything bolts up may be some extra's needed. This will be a whole new TB not just a bore and should be adequate to about 65-70 rwhp (not saying you will get that much but it should support it)

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Would you dyno it and retune the bullitt box? A week ain't too bad. I can't ride threw the week anyways. Would I be able to get 50 hp's to the ground you think?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Would you dyno it and retune the bullitt box? A week ain't too bad. I can't ride threw the week anyways. Would I be able to get 50 hp's to the ground you think?
yes, thats why i would like one of our big 3 packages i had originally figured to do this with the top end package we did but i think it will be an easy gain of hp. I have a hotcam stg 3 sitting here we can throw in and test at the same time as well if you want

i would think with the cam and TB we should be in the 51-52 area easily we may see more may see less but thats what we need to figure out.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
wow only 500 lot cheaper than i though

·
Registered
136 Posts
I just think very few 700xx owners that have the big 3 would spend $500 on a billet throttle body. I would be suprised if you gained more than 1-3 horse I could be wrong. I just see $500 better spent on cam and piston with better gain. A bored throttle body is around $200 and that would probably better suit most people on here. Iam glad your doing stuff still to benefit the 700xx Iam one of the few people who would spend $500 for 2or3hp speaking of that Iam in need of a 54mm throttle body for my new motor Iam working on.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts