Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my friend has a 700XX, HMF Slip on, K&N filter, and PC3 with open air box.

The other day it started dieing like a dead spot soon as you gave it a lil gas, when he pushed the throttle more it was fine or if you push REALLY slow its fine

Its allmost like when you push the throttle too fast the engine dies, hard to explain, but anyone have any ideas what it could be ?

He went from a full FMF to just a slipon now, we had it running with the Dynojet's PC3 map for a full system, we switched it back to just a FMF speed slip on settings, we dont have just a HMF slip on map, plus we put the stock airfilter in and still does the same thing, we will get a video in a day or so if we cant figure it out.

He really really needs a map for a HMF slip on, K&N filter with open air box if anyone has a map they would like share.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Have you tried putting the filter lid back on and taking the pc3 out of the system? as it should be fine bonestock with a slip on just to tell you if its a mapping issure or a issue with your tps

·
Registered
377 Posts
Why is your friend not asking the questions?

Check the threads on mapping....

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I had something similar with my pc5 and that the rev extend fonction that was enable, it must be disable. Anyone can confirm if the pc3 have that fonction? Also a good guy over advise to just give Dynojet a call, I callled them they was spot on!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
sounds like an efi problem. why did he go back to a slip on confused as why you would go backwards with mods. if u cant figure it out put it all back to stock and see if it runs right. then you will know its either the efi or the intake because like they said a slip on wont change much.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well when he heard my HMF he sold his full FMF... yah i know.. and got a HMF not realizing the full and the slipon have different ends on them he had to go back to the stock header and that when tried a map a lil richer since he was running a K&N with open air box figured it would equal out, ran good for a day or so with a richer map, then it started acting up with the throttle.

We didnt mess with it much yet, I'm just tring to get a few ideas of what to go with besides the spark plug.

·
Registered
258 Posts
you checked the plug? could be running the to rich of a map its fouled the plug

·
Registered
528 Posts
try putting it on reserve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts