Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From an idle, when I lightly push on the throttle the quad seems to want to jump out from under me. When I continue to open her up, it seems like acceleration tapers off from the initial "jump". I just bought this quad (like new) yesteday, so it maybe that I am not used to it. I have never had a quad with fuel injection, so I may just take some getting used to. The 700xx came with a uni filter and a AC racing slip-on can. I am wondering if the lack of back pressure has anything to do with it.
I may not be explaining the problem appropriately, or it may not be a problem at all. I just kinda need an idea of what I should expect. Even when shifting from 1st to 2nd, when getting back on the throttle, the quad "jumps" and then the torque or acceleration tapers as I roll through the throttle. I plan on putting the stock can back on tomorrow and see what, if any, difference there is.
The seller made a comment to me that didn't seem right to me. He was talking about the filter and the can and said the efi auto corrects. I maybe wrong, but I think he was incorrect. Running lean with the increased air flow? I dont know. Someone who knows, help me out.... :nuts: Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
You should be ok with just a slip on and uni. No efi programmer is needed but it is recommended. These don't self adjust. He was incorrect with that statement. I will say though that these bikes have a very touchy throttle.

·
Registered
151 Posts
i was told anything more then a uni filter and tip you need programmer id go back to stock exhaust for now and get used to the fuel injection throttle response and maybe put a smaller sprocket on front to mellow out the take offs

Qaz

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Might also be a slipping clutch. Might be worth it to check how tight the clutch is set. I had issues with my stock clutch within the first 20 hours of riding, and it would engage hard then slip at high rpm. just my guess.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
the xx isnt ment to be rev'ed out. yeah it has more top end then a raptor but most its power is low-mid... so if u punch it and its already reving right its not gonna pulls as hard as if it were close to idle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
When I bought mine I thought the throttle was very touchy as well, it was like bumpfiring a gun ! It's a lot of low end to control with only your thumb especially in rough terrain . I put a motion pro twist throttle on mine and have way more control now . I ride bikes to tho, some guys don't like em.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i cant stand twist

·
Registered
291 Posts
Throttle response has everything to do with the 700xx fuel injection. I came off an LTR450 and it never had this lurching problem the xx has. The problem is caused by Honda's fuel injection. They have the idle/throttle off too lean so it passes emissions. As soon as you touch the throttle it dumps fuel and causes a lurch instead of a smooth transition. This is common on the Honda ST1300 motorcycle as well and there is a company that makes what they call a "Fuel Cutoff Eliminator". I contacted that company to see if they could make one for the 700xx as well but never got a response.

The best hope right now is that Procom is working on a programmable ECU that will address this issue. When it will be available is still up in the air but they are working on it. It is available for the KFX450 and has recieved good reviews from the KFX450 guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts