Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the big 3 right now and I’m looking to get some more power, I am thinking about getting the Thumper Racing 727 kit but wanted to ask you guys first. I'm not looking to spend a ton of money just have around a 1000 to spend and the need for speed. I really don’t know where to start or what other options I have in my price range. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
That or the 11:1 cp piston and a cam

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do you like your 11:1 cp piston and cam? Did you notice a big improvement over stock and did you do the install yourself?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry 1 more question, what do you have your EHS controller settings at now with your mods?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, the piston is on its way and I just emailed Alba about the head and cam. What octane do you think I should run for this setup?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, you guys are always a big help.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any place to find a "how to" remove and install the head, piston, cam, and throttle body?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The service manual. It isn't too hard as long as you have some mechanical know how. There are a few tricks I learned by doing it twice. First, you dont need to buy the tool for the timing chain tensioner. Just use a very small flat head screw driver and a pair of needle nose vice grips. Also I used a wire coat hanger to keep the timing gear and chain in the exact same spot so I didnt have to move it at all later.

I havent had a chance to ride my new setup yet. I was in a car accident and messed up my shoulder a bit so isnt that fun? Put a new build back together and not be able to ride it. I did start it up though and do the cam/piston break in. It sounded very nice and ran extremely well. I did the 11:1 so i could stay on premium fuel as some of the long trail systems in Wisconsin it is hard enough to get premium.

Also, watch the piston rings you get. They sent me the wrong spacer ring for between the oil rings. It was too big and I had to have them send me the right one. I bought mine on ebay as well.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Oh forgot your programer question. Yes I have the EHS programer. I sent mine back to Eric to be re-flashed with a new base map. He said for a bigger build aka piston, cam, ect he had a better base map that was supposed to help get up to 2 HP more from the top end if I remember correctly. He did that and told me the settings to put it at to get it very close

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to hear about the accident. One month after I bought my quad I got in an accident and broke both my ankles so I know how that goes.

Thank you for all the great info, I hope to have all this completed before my first ever Glamis trip at the end of the year.

I have the HMF Optimizer now so I might have to switch to a PCIII or find someone that can reflash my programmer for my upcoming mods. Hope that shoulder stops hurting soon so you can enjoy your new mods. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just got off the phone with Nate from Alba and wow they have great customer service and are very knowledgeable about our quads. I will be taking my quad into them next Wednesday, Thanks Boost Addict for the link. I will post the list of mods and the dyno numbers when they are done.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll make sure I tell him to get started on your throttle body as soon as they are finished with mine.lol. I might buy the PCIII that’s for sale on this site but a few people told me that Alba works with the dobeck and will have no problem getting it dialed in with it.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I guess I will look into getting the PCIII then. Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts