Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as you all know, I have the kit. Got it back this past friday and wasn't able to ride it. I was there for the final stages of putting the head on and stuff, and damn stripped the nut to the outside of the crank, so the valves are off a tad until I can get a new cover bolt (already ordered).

I will just say what I needed done to prevent creating another thread. I blew the oil ring of the old piston plus a knick in one of the compression rings. Don't really know how, but it happened. Also, the crank where the wrist pin goes in was scratched up a bit, so I got a new crank.

So here it is. I did a lot of stuff to this bike besides just the kit, which I will disclose at some other time. With the kit, I got a stage 3 cam, and the place was suppose to charge $405 for the kit and to bore out the cylinder, plus $185 for the cam (which is a hot cam). Anyway, they called me up and said I owed $490, which was awesome, it was 100 less than I though. Turns out they didn't charge me for the boring, the kit itself was $285 with out them boring it out. I also talked to the guy there quite a bit, and he is very nice and informative.

So with everything installed, I finally got to ride it. It is a lot harder to start. I dont know if it is b/c the starter is having more of a problem due to a higher compression, or if the starter is just going. It has tons more power than it did with just the big three. I was ripping around in the yard and the rear would kick loose in 3rd and 4th a lot easier, and it was way easier for wheelies as well. Overall I am pretty impressed, with the price it was about as much as it would be for just getting the OEM piston and rings. I can't think of much more to write, so if anyone has questions, feel free.

Oh yeah, it sounds a little meaner as well.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
so when u gona let my do a 5th gear wheelie with it

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I did. Plus bigger valves, I just didn't want to get into all of it here. Kind of wanted to wait to get to a dyno.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
As for the DYNO, I have been looking around here and there, trying to find one closer in my area. So hopefully in the next month or two.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
chuck u need to come to the race tomorrow at royal mt mx... i might go

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks I suppose scuzz, but I thought you started it HAHA. Sorry Marco, can't do that. I am working, well hanging out w/ a girl, but I am in CT for the rest of the week until I fly out to oregon.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
nice... lol thats what i did today i hung out with my girl... well i still am... btw its marcos...

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IK it is marcos, but marco sounds cooler...and tell my old girl and your new girl I said HI lol.

Oh, and sometime soon we have to hit that track. Let me know when the next open day is, after the 28th that is.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
any tuesday after 9/6 till 10/19 thats at twister valley mx they also have a small 3mi gncc track now.. true most my friends call me marco, carlos or puerto idk dont ask..... old girl?????

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ahh, I work every tuesday

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
well umm every Wednesday it royal or we could just go trail riden round my house but lota trail go closed last week cause some dumb kid were pissen off the owner.... i still have a trail to the pits but it my get us into a popo chase

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Chuck

Get in touch with these guys; http://www.eastcoastatv.com/

They now have an atv dyno machine and by now they should be able to schedule you in. They're only about 25 miles from my house.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Yes but most of them around that I spoke to; won't do an atv, pretty sad!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Retarded, any dyno owner that turns down work doesnt want to make money. If I owned a dyno If I could get it on there I would dyno it(which is why I like the dyno shop I use- he will even dyno a bike on his car dyno).

1 - 20 of 176 Posts