Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys can anyone recomend a good tie rod, as i hit a tree today and bent mine.
would like a set stronger than stock ones

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
They've got some quality rods on eBay. I've purchased a set but have not had a chance to install them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Careful going with stronger tie-rods. If the tie-rod doesn't bend something else could bend or break. Like the tie-rod end, which is much more costly to replace.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Careful going with stronger tie-rods. If the tie-rod doesn't bend something else could bend or break. Like the tie-rod end, which is much more costly to replace.
I agree with this and prefer to straighten a tie rod than something else.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I keep hearing this but don't agree. If you follow this train of thought you may as well have a quad made of jelly.

Linc

·
Registered
211 Posts
I can see both sides of the arguement on this one...

Ive seen 3 times where someone has had better rods and broke the end off flush with the knuckle then...

Ive nailed enough large rocks (cause there are plenty where we ride) at pretty good clip just to come to a stop later on and realize that my rod is bent. Find a stick and straighten it out, keep on truckin. I sorta like having a "fuse" in the steering sys.... cause with houser arms and baja itp wheels, none of that is gonna give or Id rather not have give when Im haulin around at 35-40+ and nail something good that wants to fold my wrist over like a twig.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
If you don't bend a tie rod ,you will sheer a ball joint. With a bent tie rod you can straighten it and carry on riding.
Try riding with a busted ball joint. Can get quite scary the first time you do it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a couple of extra stock tie rods that I bought, just for this reason lol. If you want to remain stock, lemme know and I could part with 1 or 2, just PM me ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts