Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting my quad ready for a ride this weekend. Changing air filter, clean and lube chain. And pushed it back into garage I notice a squeak from the steering stem. So I grabbed some lithium and sprayed it top and bottom, worked it in a few times and squeak went away. I then notice my left outer tie rod end had a ton of play in it! So I head out to my local parts store to find out they don't do Harley or Honda oem parts and had no line on aftermarket tie rods for the TRX. On ebay all I see is one brand called "American Star" Are these any count or should I just order the oem's from the Honda dealer? Thanks for any imput.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Honda-TRX...Parts_Accessories&hash=item51a25eb016&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
258 Posts
I can't say I have herd of aftermarket tie rod ball joints, I know with housed and lager a arm kits you have to use the original tie rod ball joints, I have had mine come loose before tho and tightening them fixed the play

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you just remove the cotter pin tighten the nut and re-installed the pin? I figured since there was play, the joint was toast? I guess I will see if this works for me too, thx!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought since there was a cotter pin there was no way for bolt to come loose. But they are not castle nuts, like on the ball joints. So anyway's I removed the cotter pin and tighten the outer tie-rod end. Then seen a little play on the inside tie-rod end, so I did the same thing there. And now I notice even slighter play in the lower ball joint! All on the left hand side. Appears as if these ball joints are none replaceable. Can I just tighten the castle nut on these as well. Like I said before when I seen play in front end parts I assume they needed replaced, but idk. It may be time for

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elka-Shocks...Parts_Accessories&hash=item58911c1252&vxp=mtr

Having no luck trying to visit the links to teixeira tech.com might be my pc thou?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
if there not replaceable im sure honda makes a lower a-arm with the ball joint in it already maybe....:xx:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if there not replaceable im sure honda makes a lower a-arm with the ball joint in it already maybe....:xx:
Yea for a couple hundred or so. So if I have to replace I'm thinking upgrade. I didn't try to tighten the lower ball joint yet. Even if it works I'm going to be a little unsure as far as riding it.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got all of it nice and tight, well now I notice some bushing wear in the upper a-arm. It don't look like the bushing are cheap!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If he could that would be sweet, the price listed at $79 for all 4 arms is real cheap! Not sure if he could make then for a Trx looks like these are for ski do sleds. I'm sure he could if he had the a-arms. I will message him about it thou. I was just looking at Ed's upper arms. I think there like $355 with the grease fittings. Mine has just slight play, you can't tell it by ridding, just when on stand and checking for it. but I'm sure it will get worse a few more weekends of riding.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
both of my front uppers bushings are wore out, im going with pivotworks kit for 80.00 and life time replacement. powersports plus had them cheaper than ebay about a week ago. both of my back uppers also wore out and honda warrantied them they put 2 new upper rear a arms on mine. the a arms from honda come with the bushings in them already, they warrantied the rear because my rear housing bearings went out because the circlip on right rear axle comeoff and worked its way inward toward the bearings and housing so basically i got a whole new rearcluster and bearings.:xx:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
http://www.dootalk.com/dtproducts.php
third item down is some aftermarket a-arm bushings. you should get ahold of the guy and see if he can make you some for your wheeler
i would think that if he just had one of the oem bushings he would be able to make them
Well I asked them " Can you make A-arm bushing kits for a Honda Trx700?"

And was told "We suggest asking your question in our forums or contacting your nearest dealer.

Thanks"

And if it was bad enough, I went riding yesterday and literily ran into a old 250r! I was coming up hill in low 3rd gear, seen a jump ahead so gassed it up some. And right before the take off the 250r come flying around corner at top of hill. I let off gas take the jump and land hard on breaks all the way to my right side of trail. He slides his ass end over my way and my left front hits his left rear tire. This folds my tie rod. With some help removed the rod and beat it straight and rode on. No one was hurt.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
where did you ask this question? did you PM snowshooter himself? he is the maker of these
Not sure how or where to pm snowshooter, but I clicked below the item where it said email your order.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts