Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok boys and girls i think we need to up the bar to compeat at this level! this quad is bad!!

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKwiPjdBvP0

·
Registered
40 Posts
That is Camo's Turbo V. Funny thing is, that video was shot when it was a 705cc. Now it is an 800cc with a 50 shot of NOS. This is what it looks like now.

I have personally riden this quad and it is hands down, the fastest quad I have ever been on. The Coolest thing about it is that you can dune it all day long and in fact, it gets better gas milage than a normaly aspirated V. It is still running stock 32mm carbs even.

Here is another video of the Turbo V back when it was a 705 (Some of the same footage with a little new footage.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX1WVU7rA6o

This is a one off Turbo kit. There are more turbo kits in the works and even a twin turbo. I know that there are companies building Turbo Kits for Raptors, you XX guys should contact them.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Theres alot of bad bikes out there from other manufacturers as well. Whats gonna hold the XX back in the long run is the cylinder head design.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Scuzz, that's cool. Camo's V is a Duner and built for that purpose. For the record, it does it well. There are very few quads out there in full riding trim (Not stripped down to nothing) that will run with this quad. In fact, none that I know of. Plus it will still outrun many sub 300lb full blown race quads even at over 550lbs.

What about the XX heads are the issue?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'll give it credit for being a badass build, We dont have large dunes in La. to enjoy a bike like that though.

·
Registered
505 Posts
RPM,
Thats just awsome, got to love that v twin power.....tell camo he did a hell of a job, I wish you guys were closer to me...I would love to ride out there with ya, maybe if things work out I can make your trip next year.

·
Registered
425 Posts
What about the XX heads are the issue?
If i were to guess it would be the Exhaust side of the head.

Yah Honda prob made it that way for better torque, But it hurts top end.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll give it credit for being a badass build, We dont have large dunes in La. to enjoy a bike like that though.
You wanna hear something Funny....... Camo lives in Canada and they don't have any dunes either. The only time he gets to really put the screws to it is when he comes to the States to ride with us.

This is his Wifes V.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If i were to guess it would be the Exhaust side of the head.

Yah Honda prob made it that way for better torque, But it hurts top end.
I have noticed that the exhaust pipe looks to be fairly restricted too. From the looks of the severe bends in the pipe, it would probably benefit the XX to find a way to open that up.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The stock one is kinda small, My FMF header is allot bigger, The bend isn't bad in them at all though.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I've got another head that were putting a +2mm intake and +1mm exhaust in. The stock valve seat face is to thin at +2 though so he's making a custom seat for it. To large of an exhaust port can hurt power to. it'll be after christmas before I tear mine down again to try it out. Wish somone had a stolen XX they could just sell me the motor from lol

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i agree that the xx is an over all winner and preforms great in all areas of riding and i like being able to ride everywhere and any where over being the best in only one area

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I dont know what i'd do with a sand mountain...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I'd attempt to make it up it lol

at the same time... he probably wouldn't know what to do at Red River lol

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The XX/XR cylinder head can be made into a pretty good head but theres not much room for improvement. The Raptor 700 cylinder head is around 163cc on the intake port with 38mm valves stock. You can take it all the way up to 200+cc and not come close to a waterjacket and cut the stock seats to 40mm before having to go bigger on the seats. The inlet of the port can also be enlarged from 44mm stock to 54+mm to run 54+mm TBs.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts