Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok im in the proces of rebuilding a blown motor and really could use some help as to know what the proper settings are for the timing. are there specific places for the notches to line up on the cam shaft and is there a place to look to find the timing spot on the timing chain on the crank? any help would be very welcomed.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Pull the two plugs on the left side of the case, They require allen wrenches. As you'll see the large lower plug will give you access to turn the motor over. The smaller upper plug will be your sight for the flywheel/timing mark. You'll need to turn the motor until the timing mark is centered in the hole. There are actually two marks on the flywheel, Make sure you get the correct one.
The next step will be to center the cam sprocket. As you'll see there is a line that runs across the sprocket. You will line this up even with the edge of the head where the valve cover sits. Make sure the lines are perfectly even, Just being a little off is an entire tooth to far.

All of this can be found in detail in the service manual, You can download it for free in the link below.

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2195

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you so much!!! i have also found the free manual that either yourself or another member posted. and i got all my gaskets to finish the motor in the next week.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts