121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to tint my taillight today I like it what do you all think?:hey:

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thinking about doing the front I think I will order black plastic where the gray is first tho

This is not paint it is a spray made for tailights and the light still shines through

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
nice i like it!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Looks good. You know the more black that's on the xx, the slower it becomes right?:hey:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this was the quick cheap and easy way to make my xx much faster, turn all red black the only time you see red is when im slowing down

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks good did you just spray paint it
It is a special paint

"This product applies just like spray paint, and the more coats you spray on, the darker the light/lense will get. So, spray an even coat on the lense/light and if you want it darker, spray another coat on ! Its easy to do, and is a very inexpensive way of changing the look of your car/truck" or atv :hey:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where did u get the paint at
I got it from a local car/truck place around me called "fantasy Coachworks" My favorite store :D

You can order it online

It is called "VHT Niteshades Spray Tint"

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the look of it on the xx I would not use it on a car or truck though I dont think asufficient amount of light shines through

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I painted the head and taillights on my truck with Kandy Black and you can still see them when they light up. The Kandy Black works great, There dark when the lights are off and you can still bright when the lights are on. It also make a real clean light cutoff pattern.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can't really tell in the picture but does it look bulky at all?

That is the reason I went with the spray wanted to keep it sleek

·
Registered
96 Posts
Im not sure, Mine was a freebie due to using my machine to make the first. Hit him up for a tail light cover price. His head light covers for the XX are 32.50 so the tail light should be cheaper, But IDK

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.