Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some education on wheels and tires. Do all ATVs have the same bolt pattern?? When I look online for wheels, for example the ITP blue, red, etc lable they just list sizes.....i.e. 8", 9", 10", etc. Does it matter what size I get? What is the difference than the obvious (dia size).

Also, with tires does it matter which size I get (front and rear)?? I notice the sizes are listed in a 3 number set (i.e. 18-9-8, 20-11-10, 22-11-10, etc). I presume these are the sizes in dia, width, and rim size....but which is which....I can pretty much figure out the first number is tire diam but what is the second and third number refering to??

guess bottom line is which tire/wheel combo can I fit on my 700xx (font and rear)?? I almost always run through the woods (cross country).

Thanks for any help you all can provide.

Tom

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi Lockon,

I believe if you want to stay with stock sizes the 700xx comes with an 11x7 back wheel and a 10x5 front wheel. The back wheel I think is a 5+2 offset.

The lug pattern (I believe on all 4) is 4/144. I have been researching which wheels and tires to get and have found it's not a simple thing to go buy new wheels/tires for the 700xx. They went with an odd size in the back which makes it harder to find what you want because there are not many people making tires/wheels specifically for this model yet.

I'm ordering Maxxis Razr2 22x11x10 tires for the rear, 23x7x10 for the front.

I'm quoting out a full set of OMF's with beadlock and reinforcing inner ring at the moment,
I found DWt wheels in 11x7 but I really wanted the OMF's so that's what I'm hoping to get.

I'm then going to use my stock wheels to mount a set of paddles on. I'm looking at the Skat-Trak Haulers.

Hope this helps. I really hope what I said above is accurate. I know a lot of people have been drilling out larger holes so they could fit more styles of 10" wheel on the back. I've heard a lot about the different offsets rubbing on the suspension.

Good luck, let us know what you find.

RP

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
the 3 numbers are height width and rim size respectfully just like any other tire. no bolt pattern is not the same on all atvs. yamaha rims do not fit on honda and so on and so forth. from what i understand you can easily and safely go down to a 10 inch rim to get more tire wheel selection. u will however need to remove ur mudscrappers. i do not have any advice on what to buy tho cuz im still stock :( from what ive read on here tho razrs are the way to go.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
They do make the razrs for the stock rims. Just most websites do not list them so you just have to call them but they are there. Depends on what riding you do too. I am mostly trail/mud with alittle bit of track mixed in so i went with the 24-10-11 Kenda Bear Claws in the rear. It works really well for my purposes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool so any 10X7 or 10X8 wheel with a Honda bolt pattern and a tire in the 20-22 dia range?? Those Bear Claws look like pretty aggressive tires....can you do any "sliding" with them??

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Also the rear wheels are 4+3 Offset where the front is 5+2 and they are both 4/144
From what I've read thru this forum, you can change the offset and wheel size but I can't tell which one works the best for the bike. I too wish there was a list of wheels with their offset that would fit our bike, would make real easy for us to determine the ones we want. I have 2 sets of rear tires; Razors which are 22x10x11 and Duro Eagles 24x10x11 and now just waiting for GBC to come out with our size

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok....please explain ATV wheel offset??? I use to race cars and I know offset but have not heard 4+3?? is that 4" on one wheel and 3" on the other??

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I'm not an expert on this but from what I can understand; it's the depth of wheel and angle of the base of the wheel where it attaches to the hub; so 4 would be the depth and +3 is the angle. HELP!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
It is 4" deep on one side and 3" deep on the other side of the bolt holes. This is to the rim bolt holes inside the rim

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Glad to hear someone knows this stuff, lol!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I hope it helped. And as for the Bear Claws sliding, I havent had a chance to try them sliding much yet. I have only had it in the snow mostly and 1 day where it was retarded muddy (see video section under The conditions werent cherry to see where I had it burried) Scott (xx700xx) has had them longer so he might be a person to ask that question to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts