Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking over Wayne and crews quad... and knew what everything was except for the Tire Balls part... did a check and it looks like the coolest thing since sliced bread... I would love to buy a set with the RAZRs I getting but I cant afford em... $199 per tire.

Maybe one day... til then here is the link:http://www.tireballs.com/atv.html
If you have extra money... haha

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
those are pretty cool,ive run tubes in several of my tires after side wall cuts and they have worked great.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Have friends that have used a cheap alternative with good results:
Buy pool noodles, cut them to your tire width and put them in there like the tire balls would. They work pretty well for a couple of months, they tend to become dust but they are cheap as heck!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yeah I have seen people use pool noodles and you are right they disintigrate after a few uses and thats without getting a punchure. Biggest problem is if you actually do get a punchure you still can't ride too far on them.

Hi tech pool noodles are called Tire Johnny's, I have'nt used them myself but are supposed to work. It's just a big foam insert.

The thing about TireBalls is that you can race on them with a punchure without slowing down.

·
Registered
184 Posts
A friend of mine races a 450 with beadlocks, he fills the tires with Hannah Montana balls from Walmart LOL, he said they work great and there cheap.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A friend of mine races a 450 with beadlocks, he fills the tires with Hannah Montana balls from Walmart LOL, he said they work great and there cheap.
:funny: This is the second time I've heard this from somebody this week lol. It does work too

·
Registered
170 Posts
TireBalls in my opinion are the best thing ever made for a quad. Once you have ridden with them you will never want to go back to air tires. Yes they are expensive but worth every penny if you don't like dealing with flat tires. If I had to race a stock quad and was only able to add one thing, TireBalls would be the thing I would pick first.

Not only do they help with the flats issue but they also help with the ride/handling and traction of the quad. Because there are so many balls in the tires, you can run a lower pressure. This helps smooth out the ride and allows the tires to grab the ground more.

They are also very durable. At the Baja 500 this year on my first day of prerunning, I slid around a corner too fast right into a boulder pile. I ended up with about a 4" L shaped gash cut all the way through the sidewall of my rear tire. I continued prerunning my quad at race speeds over 100 miles each day for the whole week before the race and never changed the tire.

To give you an idea how much I like them, I've only bought two things for my quad. Houser a-arms and TireBalls. And if you don't think that sounds crazy, just ask Wayne how much I like spending money!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
$199 special looking tube or a $10 regular tube i chose regular tube.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nope, he doesn't, you are better off using tubeless tires than with the regular tube dude...

·
Registered
165 Posts
TireBalls in my opinion are the best thing ever made for a quad. Once you have ridden with them you will never want to go back to air tires. Yes they are expensive but worth every penny if you don't like dealing with flat tires. If I had to race a stock quad and was only able to add one thing, TireBalls would be the thing I would pick first.

Not only do they help with the flats issue but they also help with the ride/handling and traction of the quad. Because there are so many balls in the tires, you can run a lower pressure. This helps smooth out the ride and allows the tires to grab the ground more.

They are also very durable. At the Baja 500 this year on my first day of prerunning, I slid around a corner too fast right into a boulder pile. I ended up with about a 4" L shaped gash cut all the way through the sidewall of my rear tire. I continued prerunning my quad at race speeds over 100 miles each day for the whole week before the race and never changed the tire.

To give you an idea how much I like them, I've only bought two things for my quad. Houser a-arms and TireBalls. And if you don't think that sounds crazy, just ask Wayne how much I like spending money!
Do you run the MX or Off road version. And do you run them on all four or just the rears?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are you really asking if you want to save $80 to cut a corner? When you have just blown a pay check on the four sets of balls, that $80 is not gunna matter. (who needs to eat or pay rent any how?)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts