Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Tire disaster!!!!!

6K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  M_Quick 
#1 ·
What is a good replacement tire for the XX'S stock rear wheels. The dunlops that come from the factory are garbage is my opinion. I was rideing down the canal bank and caught the right rear on a rose bush, punctured it right where the tread meets the sidewall. Can patch it...of course. The thing that sucks the most is...the bike only had 1.5hrs on it. $131 later got it replaced, needless to say...I aint buyin dunlops as replacement tires.

#2 ·
The Kenda Kutter rules supreme in 11"

#4 ·
Either the Kenda Kutter or the Maxxis Razr.

#7 ·
yeah I got my Kendas from rocky mountain, but they are out of stock on fronts now, not sure about rears.

#25 ·
Rode with a guy this weekend who had a new set of these and they didn't last half a day before one had a hole and the other had a 6 inch cut from spinning on a rock. That being said my regular razors have about 70 hours ride time on the same trails with no problems.

#10 · (Edited)
#12 ·
Go the Kutters there better priced and the performance is the same. I hope this new Razr Ballance is better than the Razr 1, what a nightmare.

#13 ·
Has anyone mounted the Razr rears that can tell me what the width is after install. I got a trailer that fits stock set up with about an inch on each side to spare.

#14 ·
Bro depends if your running 10' rims or not. If your running 11" you should be ok.

#15 ·
My rims are stock just wandering the kutters are 22x9-11 the razrs are 22x10-11

#16 ·
Mate, if your running it that close go with the Kutters.

#17 ·
Yeah thats what Im thinking. The kutters are great from what I hear and cheaper

#18 ·
Bro the Kutters offer excellent performance for the money.

#19 ·
I personally like my kutters a lot, but I haven't ridden razrs, so I can't compare. I also went with kutters because I only have an inch of clearance on each side of my trailer. plus when I got mine from rocky mnt they were $10 cheaper, guess they were on sale or something.

#20 ·
i have the razrs and have been happy, they arent as agressive as id like and they are a really soft tread compound. I have shredded them pretty bad after about 5 or so good rides. I dont think you can go wrong with either, pick what ever is cheapest. If you order from rockymountainatv.com, search the web for a "coupon code" there are ones out there that will save you 10-15% Good luck and let us know what you choose.

#21 ·
Speaking of coupon codes, I am going to buy front and rear tire/wheel packages this week. I can't find any coupon codes for RockyMountainATV that are even worth using. Anybody know of any? I am all stock. Going to get Razr2 21X7X10 front and Razr2 20x11x10 rear. Also getting AMR graphics and some shock covers...Will look like a new bike in a few weeks...I'm hoping the tires will give me a little more slide in the rear...I don't race, but like to be able to hang the corners a bit. It's too ridgid with the stock setup...Feel like the XX is going to tip over even when I lean in...There's a lot of roll...I don't like how big the rears are after riding this bike for the last 9 months...I'm worried that regular Razr sidewalls won't change much given my weight (230), so I think the Razr2 is the way to go with 6 Ply...I dont think Razrs come in 6 ply 20" tires...I have read every post on this site and it's hard to make a solid determination.

#22 ·
I can tell you now that its not going to slide better, the razr 2 has some really nasty cleats on the sidewall but the extra width is nice it doesn't feel as tippy

#26 ·
speaking of hijack, and slide the corners. Get the l8ton sway bar. i picked up avg. extra 10-15mph thru corners.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.