Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stokers are just about done and i will be needing new tires soon. After much thinking i have desided to keep the stock wheels because they are already black and i havent had any problems with them. I think i would want to do a 22in up front and stay 22 in the back. :thanks:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
these GREEN HORNS havent figured it out yet !!!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see it now my bad!!!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
My stokers are just about done and i will be needing new tires soon. After much thinking i have desided to keep the stock wheels because they are already black and i havent had any problems with them. I think i would want to do a 22in up front and stay 22 in the back. :thanks:
Since you want to keep your stock rims... You might want to look at:
Kenda Kutter XC... 22x9-11 (rear) & 22x7-10 (front)
OR
Maxxis Raxr 22x10-11 (rear) & 22x7-10 (front)
OR
Maxxis Razr 22x10-11 (rear) & Maxxis Razr2 22x7-10 (front)... my choice.

I've ridden up in your area (Natcees) and think the Razr/Razr2 combo would work well.

roadkill

·
Registered
205 Posts
For stock rims I'll give you the suggestion most on here seem to recommend. Kenda Kutters

22x9x11 Rear, and if you want to stick with Kenda fronts, 22x7x10

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Razr will totally change the handling of the bike, For the better. Night/Day difference

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think im going to have to go with, Maxxis Razr 22x10-11 (rear) & Maxxis Razr2 22x7-10 (front)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Why not go with Razr I's in the back also? My 700XX700 came with 23" fronts and 22" rear Razr II tires when I bought it. Right now I have the stock tires and rims on because I don't need aggressive tires during the dry season. Both sets are brand near brand new, as the previous owner didn't ride much.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How do you like having 23" up in the front??

·
Registered
192 Posts
Its the tallest front tire I've had on a sport quad. It seems to work better in the rutted out trails than the stock 21" tires. But the 23's have higher rolling tendency.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
The Razr2 has a bit more aggressive thread pattern
Bingo!!... The Razr2 has more bite in turns because of it's tread pattern.

roadkill

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Are the Razr2 okay on black top as well? Someone said the kutters on the front suck on black top, but rears were okay.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Razr 2's work pretty well on the pavement they track good and don't bounce. I try not to ride on the highway but sometimes you can't help it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well i just placed my order For a set of Maxxis Razr 22x10-11 (rear) & Maxxis Razr2 22x7-10 (front), as well as a 13th sproket!!!

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
:tup:You're gona like that setup

1 - 20 of 26 Posts