Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stole this idea from another forum but its a good one.

What's your Favorite
Track tire:
Dune tire:
Trail tire:
(And for an added bonus) All-around tire:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Don't know about any tires but the stock knobbies and dunes...so I'll put my $0.02 worth in on that.

ITP SandStars are good, but not great for serious dunes. Have them myself but are trading them in for some 23" 10-paddle Skat-Trak Extremes. My buddy has a pair of Haulers and they rock hard. Seeing them in action is the reason I'm trading my SandStars in. Also, AMS Zippers work pretty well for a mixture of dunes and hard pack. All-in-all, favorite is Skat-Trak and I'm really forward to getting my own pair in the mail.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Track: Maxxis Razr2
Trails: ITP holeshot GNCC

·
Registered
551 Posts
No sand out here. :cry:Never rode it.:disgust: But razr 2 fronts only way to go, :Dand the stockers are good till half wore out,:steamed: then razr's for the rear, I love mine!:yay::tup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
This is what I am using.

23" Razr 2 in front
razr rear
sandstars for the dunes.

·
Registered
101 Posts
How do they push in the corners? My skat trak extremes push bad if I'm on the throttle.

I have only rode once so far with the new tires and it was in the dunes. It still pushes. Took me a little bit to get use to. On the gas in a large open bowl I was able to drift kinda like doing a large scale donuts or a very long power slide, thought it was fun. I don't think I ever got it to whip around to good. example going up a steep hill and do a quick u-turn with a huge roost off the top of a dune.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
How does a person go about trading in a pair of Paddle tires. I bought a pair of ITP Sandstars and took them to the dunes once. On steep hill climbs I felt like I lost too much power. I was told I need to go to a tire that has less paddles. Any ideas? Is it the paddles or do I just need to do the exhaust, intake, & mapping to get more power?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts