Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems like a never ending battle to try and find the right tires for this quad. everyone i talk to recommends a different tire.
i live in northern alberta. lots of muskeg. im gonna be riding about 40% mud, 10% sand dunes, 30% hard track, a few rocky trails and some highway.
what should i do? we have an awesome mx track in town, which is fun.. but to travel to any good camping spots its miles of skeg. im leaning towards 23x7-10 razrs on the front, but not sure which rims to use. and i've been thinking either 24x10x11 bear claws or similar mudlites.
and im on kind of a budget.. would like to only have to buy one set of wheels.. not a different set for each day of the week lol.
what do you guys think?
thanks
JJ

·
Registered
425 Posts
maxxis razr 22x10x11 for sure for the rear..its what i run now.

ran great in Louisiana mud...as well as nevada dirt/rocks. Plus they do ok in sand.

i got the 22x7x10 razr II in the front...and corners great. couldnt tell yah how the 23s would act, but a few people here seem happy with theirs.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm running the same setup as Biffman and they do good in all types of dirt/mud/sand.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Id like to know where to get them. I tried the amazon link and they're sold out. I can't seem to find the rear tires anywhere.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Sold out dude. Not going to be back in stock until June sometime. I see they're on sale though for $94.55 each.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
1-973-839-1117 They had two sets left but I just ordered so they only have ONE set left!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I knew that these tires would go quickly...so I bought two whole sets for my quad a month ago...I would consider letting one set go since I won't need another until they will be back in stock. I will sell them for exactly what I have in them with shipping. Anyone who is interested can just shoot me a pm and we will see what we can work out. I really hate to get rid of these tires, but I believe in helping a brother out! lol

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just called them. At 150 each plus shipping I'm just going to wait till they come in at ATV outfitters for $115 each and no shipping.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I hate it pay full retail for anything. The guy I just called knows everyone is sold out and said I could either wait and pay less or get them now for full retail. Kind of a sucky attitude if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I hate it pay full retail for anything. The guy I just called knows everyone is sold out and said I could either wait and pay less or get them now for full retail. Kind of a sucky attitude if you ask me.
That is the price they have been selling them for since they've been in stock. I know others have had them cheaper but this is a dealership and not a parts house.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I guess the dealerships near you think their parts are worth full retail. I checked my Honda dealer near me and he said the would sell them for $115 each when he gets them.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
This was out of state, my local dealership didn't have them. My bike has been down for 4 months, I'm willing to pay whatever to ride again lol

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I have the ITP rims, and if I had to do it all over again...I wouldn't.

Offset is the best that you can get on a 10" wheel but it still sticks out further than stock. This is my dune/sand tire so it won't take the abuse of my stock wheels. Everyone has bend complaints about the ITP .190 wheels bending.

Check out the product feedback section at rocky mountain atv for them.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
445 Posts
........ummmmm.........well there you go. I have heaps of ITP wheels but I always get the Bead Locks or reinforced.

Just to clear things up, are you saying that the ITP 10" for the 700XX are only available in .190 and are not up to the job? is there a ITP reinforced or beadlock available?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.