Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
No, not on the inside of the wheel...NO clearance. (the ITP 10" just barely clears the A-arm by 1/4" inch (or 6.3500 mm for you metric folks)

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
what about the 12's itp offers? would they do better?
im talking alot of mud.. this skeg is like no other place, i've gotta be able to paddle through it and stay on top. i should've bought a 4x4 with some massive tires but i'd rather be able to skip over top :)
planning to do a full belly pan that'll help keep me afloat as well. so im probably going to want front tires a little taller than rears to keep me up..
klaws dont sound like a bad idea.. how are they in sand?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I don't think they make a 12" wheel with the proper offset. You could probably find something that would work, but it may look goofy sticking way far out.

·
Registered
537 Posts
ITP makes a 12" wheel with the proper offset--they made it specific for the XX kits with the 12" Sand Stars
So you could use any tire on it you wanted? Or is it a thin walled wheel that wouldn't survive on trails?

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
No, if I recall correctly it's their mag wheel that looks like the ITP SS'.

(not the actual wheel, but one to give you an idea)

Club | 700 | xx

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I really like the looks of these also, After I finish a few projects i will order a set to go ride with everyone at wiggins

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
You get those and you'll wish you didn't.

You'll will the roosting contest, but you'll get beat out the whole by every 400EX out there.

Those narrow tires + those heavy wheels are gonna suck. You'll have fun but I doubt you'll win any races unless they are ditch digging.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
537 Posts
Way too much bling for me. I'm going to wait and see what comes out for wheel seletion. The drag/road racer in me will not let me put heavy things on anything I drive/ride. No sense in building hp just to take it away.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Does anyone know who's XX this is so we can get some feedback from them?

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Does anyone know who's XX this is so we can get some feedback from them?

This dude:

Plumbum

Email:

[email protected]

Too bad though because he seems to have fallen of the face of the planet:

Last Active: September 20, 2008, 07:49:06 AM

http://trx700xx.net/forum/index.php?topic=95.0

well after a long and hard journey i finally got my rims and tires today. thinking they look pretty nice. needs centre caps but they didnt have the right ones there. anyway i think i am going to go with black centre caps. soemthing differenmt anyway. well enjoy.

700 resize.jpg (81.07 KB, 636x480 - viewed 20 times.)

700 tires 002.jpg (78.46 KB, 636x480 - viewed 32 times.)

Club | 700 | xx

21 - 34 of 34 Posts