Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Does anyone know if the stock tires are rated as a 4-ply or a 6-ply?

4-ply front and 6-ply rear according to dunlop's website. Of course this is "rated" which could mean an actual of 2 and 4 respectively, I'm still searching thou.

* found it! all dunlop radials are 4-ply (2 bodyplies+ 2 belts) *

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Nice work. The one listed with Rocky Mountain is rated as a 6-ply. So do you think that it a different tire?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Nice work. The one listed with Rocky Mountain is rated as a 6-ply. So do you think that it a different tire?

My guess since Dunlop rates them as 6-ply it's the same exact tire. Rated at 6-ply but truly only 4-ply. The rating is a tires "resistence" to punctures.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Well then, they suck. I hope that the Razr's don't cost as much as Chrisj said.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Well I ordered my Razr II Fronts today. :)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Another Tire option could be to switch to a set of ITP C-Series cast aluminum 12" wheels and use 23" AT489 from carlisle. While the 489's may not be greatest tire, they are affordable and available. Just don't forget the Slime. The stock Maxxis tires from a Wolverine 450 are 23" on 12" rims and are radials.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Nice, more options are better. I am seriously considering going to a 12" rim and 23" tires when it comes time to replace mine. The larger diameter tire should roll smoother.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Nice, more options are better. I am seriously considering going to a 12" rim and 23" tires when it comes time to replace mine. The larger diameter tire should roll smoother.
Is that really an issue on the XX?

·
Registered
984 Posts
I guess that depends on where you ride, in the sand you would never notice but on a rock and root riddled trail it would help some. The desert racers (like Baja) use the larger tire for the same reason, every little bit helps.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.