Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everybody doing for tires on these things since it has the weird rear wheel and tire size? Tire/wheel combo? Guy is just wanting tires but wondered if it might not be better to just get a combo because tires i have seen are pricey because of odd size? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I am switching to the ITP 10" Rims just because when I went to Black River Falls last time I slashed the sidewall and couldnt get a replacement tire. Lucky for me they had a tube that fit but that wont always be the case. Hate to have a trip go to crap because of a tire like that. As for the tire I am looking at the Razr2 for the rear next time.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Whats everybody doing for tires on these things since it has the weird rear wheel and tire size? Tire/wheel combo? Guy is just wanting tires but wondered if it might not be better to just get a combo because tires i have seen are pricey because of odd size? Any suggestions?
Depends on where you live and what width you can get away with .

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
if i go to the 10 inch rear rim which will be a 10x7 4 + 3 offset right? well what offset front rim do i need to get to make the front as wide as rear? or do i got to even the front out with wheel spacers or XC width a arms?:xx:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
if i go to the 10 inch rear rim which will be a 10x7 4 + 3 offset right? well what offset front rim do i need to get to make the front as wide as rear? or do i got to even the front out with wheel spacers or XC width a arms?:xx:
Please don't use wheel spacers on the front !
Give me sometime on this one , I ran ITP's rears and 4:1 fronts on stock a-arms, I'll check some past post's and let you know.
Quick guess run 3:2 rims on the front. I found running the rear wider is less painful doing tree dodging.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
If you go to a 10 inch wheel in the rear it will be a 4+3 offset. As for tires I have the razr 2s and they are great but the gbc xrex is the exact same tire at half the price. You will want a 3+2 offset wheel on the front to match the rear 10 inch wheels.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Kenda kutters, awesome tires
thats what im gonna get if i go with the stock rear rim but if i go with the 10x7 ill prolly go with the gbc x rex the razr2 copy which is just as good and cheaper:xx:

·
Registered
821 Posts
It clears, but not by much. My preference is to stay 11 with more clearance. There's a pic on here that shows clearance and depending on offset how tight it is. But the pic showed about 1/4 in clearance, maybe less...

·
Registered
2,293 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
As far as I'm aware the sizing options without going to a larger tyre are the Kendal kutter with a 22x9x11, the maxis razr 2 in a 22x11x11, and soon the maxis bill balance razr in a 22x10x11, I havnt seen anything smaller than a 22" but there are 23" and 24" tyres available,

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Maxxis does not make the razr 2 in an 11 inch wheel only the razr in an 11.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Maxxis does not make the razr 2 in an 11 inch wheel only the razr in an 11.
My bad, that's why I said as far as I'm aware, and I prob got a bit confused caus I have the razr 2 fronts

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Its cool man just thought ide let you know.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts