Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the stock tire size in front is 21X7X10 why do people put 23 inch tires on the front? Wouldnt this make it more tippy? IM trying to find a tire set up that will work well in mud and handle good in the dry.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The taller front tires help give the machine less under steer (push). I put them on mine and it makes a big difference at slower speeds when you want the rear end to come around. If it makes it more tippy it is not noticeable. Everyone here seems to like the Razr/Razr2's for the front.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oKay ty for clearing that up. am i gonna be missing anything going from radials to bias plys?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
23 also helps going over boulders and logs but the best part of 23 is that you do not feel every hole/rocks or bumps.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Will the 23s rub pro armor nerfs?I think I remember someone sayin that they were rubbing on their nerf bars but can't remember witch ones they had.I'm thinking about the razor2 23s for the front on mine but not sure if they will rub my pro armor nerfs. Is there anyone on here that is running the 23s with pro armor nurfs?

·
Registered
667 Posts
I am and no they do not rub. I have run them with stock a-arms and with long travel Houser's neither rubbed. I have not run the Maxis tires I use ITP Holeshot XTC's but I am planning on trying a set of the Maxis next. I can tell you the ITP's held up to a beating at the Parker 250, 2 bikes and not a single flat. We also rode them very hard the week before in various desert terrain. You will like the way the bike handles with the 23's.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I am and no they do not rub. I have run them with stock a-arms and with long travel Houser's neither rubbed. I have not run the Maxis tires I use ITP Holeshot XTC's but I am planning on trying a set of the Maxis next. I can tell you the ITP's held up to a beating at the Parker 250, 2 bikes and not a single flat. We also rode them very hard the week before in various desert terrain. You will like the way the bike handles with the 23's.
So I'm good to go with the razor2 23s?they won't rub my nerf bars?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts