Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a couple questions 1 i ride about 3 times a week looking for tires that will last wanted a set of razors 6ply does that sound like a good idea or does anyone have any suggestions question 2 which will probably sound stupid before my wife bought me the awesome 700xx i hadn't rode in about 20 yrs we used to just wash air filter (stock) in warm soapy water this time round trying to follow book to a tee and it says to wash in kerosene does anyone have any other suggestions :xx:

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Razr's are good tires! They will last quite a while. You can clean your filter with kerosene. I personally spray mine with foam filter cleaner and let it sit for bout 15 minutes then hose it off spraying from the inside out. Then I'll soak it in some hot water with some dawn for a couple hours and then rinse it real good. Let it dry completely and spray it with foam filter oil.
I'll work the oil in really good and then squeeze out the excess. Pat it with a paper towel to remove any heavily oiled spots and let it sit overnight. I have 3 filters and I usually keep one cleaned and oiled n ready to go.

·
Registered
205 Posts
does anyone have any other suggestions :xx:
Ya use the shift and period keys :lmao: Just playin

I used gasoline to clean mine and it worked really well, but I've heard alot use kerosene and I think I'm going to do that next. EDIT: Although I just bought the uni kit so probably will try that first, forgot about that

As for tires, I've been shopping for new dirt ones too and I'm going to order the Kenda Kutters soon. Lot of people seem to praise them being very durable and long lasting, as well as great traction. They aren't terribly expensive AND they make em in our tire size

Heres links, these guys have them in stock: (note, they list the back one as 2ply for some reason, but they are 6 ply. Just a typo. Also its free shipping)
Front: http://www.bikebandit.com/kenda-k580-kutter-xc-atv-tire
Back: http://www.bikebandit.com/kenda-k581-kutter-xc-atv-tire
Front being - 22x7x10
Back being - 22x9x11

Otherwise few people make 11" tires for our back rims so you might have to buy new rims. I think the regular razrs come in 11" but the razr2's don't

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I use Twin Air cleaner kit, real simple kit for the filter. Kerosene is not water soluble and gasoline effects the rubber on the filter. Learnt the hard way on this one , but recommend spray-on filter spray instead of the thick goo that comes with the kit. :D

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've got rzr2's on frt and 1's rear, dont like the rears AT ALL, to many probs (FLATS) As soon as i'm able I'm gonna try kenda kutters hopefully thier better.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I say get a UNI filter + cleaning kit. Got kenda kutters xc's all around and they are holding up very well. They have amazing grip!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks everyone for the advice going to get kenda kutters just have to wait 2 weeks going to get for 40th bday sucks that stock didnt last more than 2 months was going to get skids and uni filter and few other things for bday but obviously need tires first again thanks everyone hugely appreciate

·
Registered
157 Posts
Might want to go ahead and order now since they are expected to be in stock on Dec 10th. Order threw rocky and you can get them shipped for free.

·
Registered
157 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
can only find fronts on rocky mountain site.
I linked them a few posts up on another website... a little more than rockymountain, but they are in stock and it is free shipping. Thats where I was planning on ordering them from

Least I think it was free shipping, I added the fronts/rears to my cart and went to checkout to see what shipping was and it came up 'free'

EDIT: And the fronts you can find them damn near anywhere cause its a normal tire size. The rear is just uncommon cause its 9x11

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have Kenda Bear claws on the rear and a bud of mine has them and he has had them for about 5 years and they are like new.. he uses his quad all the time and they go through alot of mud if you want to.. go traction. strong tire. slid amazingly. i have a pair (22x12x10) i bought new rims all the way around also.. and the front i have 23" razr 1 and i have herd they don't wear very fast and are lighter than razr 2. so thats what i have and love them.. also got the wide offset front rims and they almost match up on the back

·
Registered
127 Posts
We all know gasoline works great to cut oil, etc. but why stick your neck out and possibly ask for trouble. High flash point. Go with the Kerosene. I have a friend with a Porsche shop and that is what he uses in his cleaning vats. Great solvent. Just my 2 cents worth. Play safe...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
We all know gasoline works great to cut oil, etc. but why stick your neck out and possibly ask for trouble. High flash point. Go with the Kerosene. I have a friend with a Porsche shop and that is what he uses in his cleaning vats. Great solvent. Just my 2 cents worth. Play safe...
okay! ill just use nitro meth from my r/c cars:hey:......boom :nuts:

·
Registered
89 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just ordered kenda kutters for rear from rocky mountain suppose to have them by 16.ordered a set of 4 new shockcovers off ebay for 32$ very happy when i get to buy stuff for my atv :xx:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I heard that i love to buy stuff for my 700 XX , work has been so so slow i cant even hardly afford to pay attention!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
have a question about front tires rounded edge tires like the stock dunflops vs a tire with a flat edge would think the flat edge tires wouldnt slide as much as a rounded edge tire anyone have any input would be appreciated thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts