Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am going to break into the engine around christmas have shop lined up already so far we are doing a stage 3 hot cam 11.1 cp piston throttle body 46mm and a port and polish and dyno tune my question is it worth doing valves for the extra 800 dollars money not really the issue(will be a issue if i have to rebuild all the time) but i am wanting reliability at the same time as power and as he said you will not notice any earth shattering performance gains with the +1mm valves

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
You wont notice hardly anything w/ just a +1mm unless you are doing a lot more engine mods. There is some benefit, but not much, in performance wise and with an everyday rider that isn't doing this for a living, you probably wouldn't notice much at all. This is coming b/c I am going thru all of this right now. I am doing the 730 kit, stage 2 cam, and redoing all the valve seats, and after checking data, there isn't much difference btwn valves (coming from Dyno sheets for 450s which I know is a completely different machine, but it can't be much difference). The only thing you're doing that I haven't looked into that much is the throttle body.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i may be wrong, but if i was doing what you were, i would think the extra lift and duration should handle the extra flow of the throttle body without huge valves ? maybe a set of kibblewhites or something of the sort and some performance springs will help you though ?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats all i was going to go was a set of kibble white valves and springs i was going to do a port and polish aswell

·
Registered
354 Posts
thats all i was going to go was a set of kibble white valves and springs i was going to do a port and polish aswell
did you ask velociraptor or alba themselves maybe ? i think you should really weigh the options i mean if its BIG hp then yeah, i just dont think it will be dramatic enough but thats my opinion...

·
Registered
136 Posts
so i am going to break into the engine around christmas have shop lined up already so far we are doing a stage 3 hot cam 11.1 cp piston throttle body 46mm and a port and polish and dyno tune my question is it worth doing valves for the extra 800 dollars money not really the issue(will be a issue if i have to rebuild all the time) but i am wanting reliability at the same time as power and as he said you will not notice any earth shattering performance gains with the +1mm valves
Just a heads up if your interested this fall I will be selling my complete topend and 46mm taper bored throttle body

·
Registered
136 Posts
how much mate what have you done to your top end
Bo White ported head with +1mm intake valves, web stage3 cam, web hardwelded rockers, web valve springs and retainers, and a alba 46mm taper bored throttle body. There is pics on the forum of the head finished ported. I've not decided on a price yet but for the right one I'll pull it apart right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.