Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the big 3/Uni.

Header was glowing all the way up near the heat shield. Here is a pic of the plug. It was from casual trail riding 2-3 gear mainly. About an hour.

Front side

Back side

Yes that is the same plug. One side was WAY darker than the other.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Is that the OEM plug or that fancy racing plug?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Yeah its running rich. Most dobeck programmers are set to run a little rich to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Are you noticing it stumbling and loading up? Careful where you remove fuel when you don't know where you are rich or lean.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TBH it felt amazing riding it.

Granted I havent road it since last summer then installed everything.

But the power throughout the entire throttle range felt way better, just loud as hell, and those plugs seem to improve responce a ton.

Im thinkin Ill buy 3 more plugs this week and go do the old 1/4 throttle, 1/2 throttle, and full throttle thing and compare them.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
its that laser plat one.....

I think.. lol
Will that plug work with all stock, but a uni? And will it be a improvement or have any disadvantages?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I *think* it just mainly runs a little hotter but greatly increases throttle response.

Don't quote me on it though :)

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
If it runs hotter does it impose any increase danger to the piston, or other internal engine components?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
If it runs hotter does it impose any increase danger to the piston, or other internal engine components?
I’ve been running that plug longer than any of the other guys with no issues.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Got the big 3/Uni.

Header was glowing all the way up near the heat shield. Here is a pic of the plug. It was from casual trail riding 2-3 gear mainly. About an hour.

Front side

Back side

Yes that is the same plug. One side was WAY darker than the other.
Thats how mine looked and I am running stock. I guess there is nothing I could do about it though.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
What makes you think it's runnung hot ?
Yea I was just told the plug was a higher heat range. Not sure if it is or not, just wondering if so could it cause damage to piston and or anything else inside the motor.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I get mine from Napa

1 - 19 of 19 Posts