Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Sunday is the harescramble race at Pine Lake in Ashtabula, Ohio. A friend of mine is racing in it, and trying to get me to race too. I've never raced before, but he's confident that I would do good. I just don't know what class I would race in with my 700XX. Its a CRA race, so I guess there is 4 Stroke, Open, and Woodsman. He told me to stay away from woodsman, so I'm not sure which class to enter. I will also need a tether switch in order to race. I will probably need a good set of boots, chest protector, and some pants more comfortable than my usual riding jeans. The track is 1 hour plus 1 lap, on i think a 6 mile track. I've been to the track to watch many times, and my dad raced his LT-250R in it when I was a baby, and my brother raced his RM-125 in it about 9 years ago, so I guess it's my turn. My conditioning isn't the greatest, but I'm in all around good shape, and I expect to be pretty tired, probably after the first lap, lol. From all of the guys that race their 700XX's in harescrambles and cross crountry, what else can I expect from these races?

·
Registered
821 Posts
On the website it says
4stroke-anyone on a 4stroke
Open-anything over 200cc
Woodsmen-avid trailriders wanting to get there feet wet

How good are you?
Woodsmen sound like the beginner side of it.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Www.racecra.org
There is a dividion link on upper right side, click it and quad
There classes aren't really fair. You will get alot of "Trophy Hunters" as they do in the UK.

I would ask youre friend for a recommendation on which class to enter in.
From the pics It looks like a 1 hour + 1 lap MX.
I do know that it is gunna be painful afterwards.

If this is a "one off " event then find the cheapest gear you can find . If you want to do more of this kinda racing , there is alot of good quality stuff on speccial offer.
If you want good stuff at a good price then may I suggest items from Shift, Answer, Bell helmets( which are ridicalously cheap for the quality) and MSR. All are good value for money.
If you had given me alittle more time , I would have dressed you to impress at a affordiable cost.
Just have fun and enjoy it.
Lee

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Yes it sounds like it is your turn! Go kick some ass, and upload the results and some pictures if you can. If you had more time I would of sugested http://www.ironpony.com/
for your gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts