Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i had to try her out today. 24x9x11 dirt hooks and a 13t sprocket.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Must be something with canadian bikes and our air. I gps'd at 86mph bone stock today on pavement. A guy on a Raptor 700 couldn't believe it. He read online that they were slow. The speed of this thing amazes me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my mio gps died, or i'd get an exact speed. but that was my 98 f150 and the speedo is dead on. i believe 86 mph with the 14t sprocket though. mine has the 13t at 80mph.. where in canada are you?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm in eastern ontario. Right near the Quebec border.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
140kmh=86.991966 round it out to 87mph. raptor is 76. 660 is the clostest at 83 mph. big 3 will take the xx over 90 put a 15t prob 95.

·
Registered
574 Posts
140kmh=86.991966 round it out to 87mph. raptor is 76. 660 is the clostest at 83 mph. big 3 will take the xx over 90 put a 15t prob 95.
Where are you getting these numbers from? My xx completely stock topped out @ 66mph (gps) on a 1 mile flat run on a dirt road. My friends stock 04 660 raptor hits 68 (gps) on a long flat run. Is there nitro in the air where you ride? :confused:

·
Registered
505 Posts

Crack kills

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
3000ft=1km so do the math for there. and did u look at the vid. and ur gps must be off

·
Registered
574 Posts
3000ft=1km so do the math for there. and did u look at the vid. and ur gps must be off
No math required, gps reads in mph.

Yes I saw the video.

Nope checked the gps against 2 other gps's all read the same. How do we know the speedo in the video is correct? And where did those numbers on the Raptor's come from? :confused:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
but dude 66mph.............. my ferinds raptor 350 will di that. u must not be geting outa 3rd. i know mine in 4th hits the limmiter at 72 mph. 5th i got to same speed but idk how long maby 1/4 mile the road is 5/8 long and if u look at my "donuts" video under, my new quad, on the video subject. i get to 75 befor i let off. ik this cause my ferinds crf650 has a gps and seedo on it and he road right beside me...

·
Registered
574 Posts
No math required, gps reads in mph.

Yes I saw the video.

Nope checked the gps against 2 other gps's all read the same. How do we know the speedo in the video is correct? And where did those numbers on the Raptor's come from? :confused:

but dude 66mph.............. my ferinds raptor 350 will di that. u must not be geting outa 3rd. i know mine in 4th hits the limmiter at 72 mph. 5th i got to same speed but idk how long maby 1/4 mile the road is 5/8 long and if u look at my "donuts" video under, my new quad, on the video subject. i get to 75 befor i let off. ik this cause my ferinds crf650 has a gps and seedo on it and he road right beside me...
Thanks for clearing that up for me.:nuts:

09 Rappy, your right.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Top Speed is electronically limited to 88MPH

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
wtf whats the point it its that high. lol when i do the big 3 im going to have to remove the speed limiter. any one know how to do this. a kinda bin wanting to do it anyways ...... i would like going faster revers

·
Registered
253 Posts
Reading your posts makes my head hurt.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
wtf whats the point it its that high. lol when i do the big 3 im going to have to remove the speed limiter. any one know how to do this. a kinda bin wanting to do it anyways ...... i would like going faster revers
Even with all the mods I done the only place I found to hit 88 was on the dyno, Question is, Do you really think its necessary to go any faster? Yes there is a bypass

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
They have said it's about 82 dead stock. I hit 79 on mine with a 13T using GPS maxed out in 5th. GPS doesn't lie. It's far more accurate than judging your speed from someone pacing you in a truck.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'd like to be able to go faster in reverse, forward it's plenty fast for me.
I watched the
If You're Gonna Be Dumb - You Gotta Be Tough

Video you don't need to go any faster in reverse.

:D

·
Registered
505 Posts
Scuzz,

After watching your rollover vid.....you don't need to go any faster:D

Just busting your Balls.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts