Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my HMF competion slipon installed. Now I need to know, do I get the HMF or EHS EFI controller? I am leaning toward HMF cause of my exhaust, but I dont know anything about either. I need my fellow XXer's opinion. Thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
A lot of people on here seem really happy with the EHS. He offers great customer service too. I have a FMF pipe and the FMF EFI did not work for me very well.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Get the EHS controller. I have it and I've never even pushed a button on it. I bought it plugged it in and bike runs great. Never had any issues with it.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
wouldnt even question myself. get the ehs the support you will get from eric is priceless.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Search up some other posts on this. EHS actually makes their own maps and puts much more time and effort into their stuff. The decision should be easy

·
Registered
755 Posts
Get EHS.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wouldn't touch an HMF optimizer with a tenfoot pole let alone put it on my expensive quad. Eric knows his stuff, an... comes with great directions an is easily tuned. I just installed the big 3 an adjusted the ehs controller on the trail in about 1 minute. Go EHS, you won't regret it.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
wouldnt even question myself. get the EHS the support you will get from Eric is priceless.
Agreed. Ran it with the "Big 3" and stock with Uni filter and EHS lid. The customer support is priceless.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Ehs

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
looks unanimous to me! lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the input!!!! Have any of you guys actually used the optimizer...or are you saying EHS just because thats what you know? Customer service is a big deal, but as far as I can tell, the optimizer and EHS are the same EFI. The only difference is the sticker and name on the programmer.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Search up some other posts on this. EHS actually makes their own maps and puts much more time and effort into their stuff. The decision should be easy
That's the real difference.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for all the input!!!! Have any of you guys actually used the optimizer...or are you saying EHS just because thats what you know? Customer service is a big deal, but as far as I can tell, the optimizer and EHS are the same EFI. The only difference is the sticker and name on the programmer.
haha, the only difference is the entire mapping that Eric has put into it, and the adjustability of the controller. If that's not a big difference I don't know what is! I have it currently installed with the big 3, I have it, and have used it and adjusted it on the fly after reading the directions for only 5-10 minutes and talking to Eric for 5 minutes to clarify. Print out the directions from EHS's website, an you will see how adjustable they are. I am only saying this cuz I have it, an use it, an I trusted what people said on this forum to know what they are talkin about, an... I don't regret it at all.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've seen some threads here on the HMF EFI. I believe they couldn't really get it to work right. Do a search and you should be able to find them. I would be safe and go with EHS or the PCV if you are planning on doing more than just a BIG3.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I'll take it easy on ya since ur a new guy. Lol. There are well over a hundred memembers on here that are running ehs programmers intake system and exhaust. They have ben dyno tuned and proven to put out higher hp numbers than most other combos defentenly more than the hmf. Also no they are not the same the ehs controller has been flashed with a custom map that has be tested on our bikes not just generic settings like the others. This is decinently not a time to judge a book by the cover. Any more questions don't be afraid to ask or search there are a lot of threads about this and you can get a lot of info

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I had the HMF Optimizer and never had any problems with it. I even used it for my first build that was making in the upper 50's HP it worked fine. Eric from EHS has put a lot of time into his tuner and from talking to other members on here and seeing him always trying to help I would say his customer service is far beyond HMF's. If I knew what I know now and my choices were HMF or EHS I would go with EHS.

P.S Alba had to reflash my Optimizer with a different base map so they could tune it for my build.

·
Registered
131 Posts
so me being in the same place right now i had an fmf set up and didnt care for it i now have and hmf pipe and a uni filter and need a proggramer so where is the cheapest place to pick up one of the ehs units

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
so me being in the same place right now i had an fmf set up and didnt care for it i now have and hmf pipe and a uni filter and need a proggramer so where is the cheapest place to pick up one of the ehs units
Call Eric or pm him. He'll help you out. He's a real nice guy.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts