Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,i am just needing some info on super strong wheels. i totally stuffed a stock rim so i got a pair of dwt red label rims I managed to get several dents in these last ride and i bent one rim bad enough ,the tire deflated.
We were miles from home so i beat the rim with a big rock back in shape, just enough to put air in and ride 20 miles home.
So what else is there,are OMC any better with ring fitted to them?
What about mags? not in trx700 sizes?
mervex

·
Registered
111 Posts
The ITP c series mags are available for XX front & rear, not sure how strong they are though. Try Andy at Austraco.com.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
HI,i am just needing some info on super strong wheels. i totally stuffed a stock rim so i got a pair of dwt red label rims I managed to get several dents in these last ride and i bent one rim bad enough ,the tire deflated.
We were miles from home so i beat the rim with a big rock back in shape, just enough to put air in and ride 20 miles home.
So what else is there,are OMC any better with ring fitted to them?
What about mags? not in trx700 sizes?
mervex
OMF takes the DWT rim and converts them to beadlocks OR, you can get them with inner and outer reinforcing rings.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I have the OMF wheels with the reinforced ring and they are super tough. They are not cheap but well worth the extra cost

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just called OMF. These wheels seem like the way to go. You can get the factory size rear wheel 11x7 5+2 offset dual reinforcement rings for $120 each. Front factory size 10x5 4+1 offset single(outer) reinforcement ring for $104 each.

That is not bad in my opinion. Its the way I'm gonna go.
Not sure rather to get polished or powder coated. Would like the polished look, but figure it is gonna trap rocks and sand inside the wheel and destroy the polished finish. Of course it may do the same to PC coating.

Any feedback on how the two different finishes seem to hold up?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Are the OMF beadlocks or the ones with reinforcement rings stronger?
I would like to get whatever is stronger as I am not really concerned with weight as I dont race or really jump anything but I ride in alot of rutted & rocky terrain.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I didn't think to ask that. I'm sure the beadlocks are way more expensive.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I have OMF beedlocks with front and back reinforceing rings polished and they where just a little over $900.00 i have pics if you would like to see them just let me know i will post them

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I have the OMF wheels with the reinforced ring and they are super tough. They are not cheap but well worth the extra cost
I also have these rims and they need a little straightening , They have some "ish" dents but they never let me down. Mine are 10x8 OMF DWT .190 red labels. I wish I could afford another pair.

·
Registered
29 Posts
im running beadlocked OMF's 11" on mine and they are super tough and have handled literally beatings, i paid $220 a wheel for them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the replies.As i bought new Kutters in stock sizes not long ago ,i want to keep stock size ,offset etc.
I have spoken to my local quad shop and he is checking out what is availible here in Oz.I am not sure about the mag type wheels.If i broke a chunk off,i am stuck in the bush.At least with the spun wheels i was able to beat it back in shape just enough to get home.It seems i either spend a lot of money or i spend a real lot of money!!! haha.I will check out all types,thanks for the help,guys
mervex

·
Registered
151 Posts
ok I am going to need to order some OMF wheels with reinforcement rings & beadlocks. I went out this weekend and bent 3 wheels and got 2 slices in my sidewalls. The factory wheels & Tires suck. Now I can even ride until I can get new wheels & tires. I only have like 35 hours on them and they are destroyed. The crazy thing is I rode the same trails I have run for years with my 400ex and never had a problem like this. :(

·
Registered
335 Posts
The crazy thing is I rode the same trails I have run for years with my 400ex and never had a problem like this. :(
Keep in mind your XX weighs about 150lbs more. Do to its design you are probably riding more aggressive as well.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Possibly but I hope the new wheels & tires hold up better to my riding as it is alot of money to put out.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Ba9801

What kinda of air pressure were you running?

·
Registered
217 Posts
ok I am going to need to order some OMF wheels with reinforcement rings & beadlocks. I went out this weekend and bent 3 wheels and got 2 slices in my sidewalls. The factory wheels & Tires suck. Now I can even ride until I can get new wheels & tires. I only have like 35 hours on them and they are destroyed. The crazy thing is I rode the same trails I have run for years with my 400ex and never had a problem like this. :(
I've put two seasons on my OMF Beadlocks with rienforcing rings without any problems.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was running around 6psi in the stock tires. I look forward to getting the OMF wheels as soon as I get some money together.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i wouldnt get any painted rims if you ride gncc or worcs races ,they will only get scrathed anyway!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts