1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
671 Posts
It is a Yamaha dirt bike. If i remember right, Joe Gibbs racing built it as a "show" bike. Since Joe Gibbs has a supercross team and the Nascar teams are sponsored by Toyota, this project came about.

Doug

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i dont get it why there betting up toyota so badly about that. yeah 12 ppl had died in the last 4 months but when the wheels started falling of dodge trucks 120 ppl died. my cusine had a broken neck cause her ram 1500 left front wheel fell right off and it when end over end 2 times.(she was ok after a month in the hospital).....and the 12 ppl must be dumb cause all u have to do is 1. turn the car off or 2.put it in nutrual....the trottle on my old polaris 700 sportsman got suck once when i took a hard left turn my first reaction was to hit the kill swich.....

·
Registered
579 Posts
They are beating up Toyota because it is so rare for them to have re-calls..The other big US makers are always having re-calls..Nothing new

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are beating up Toyota because it is so rare for them to have re-calls..The other big US makers are always having re-calls..Nothing new
Another thing is that Toyota has built their reputation on quality and they milk that for all that it's worth in their advertising... So for something like this to happen REALLY damages their reputation... more so than for other auto makers.

roadkill

·
Registered
183 Posts
exactly. didnt ford have some huge recall with the explorer and its tires or something a number of years ago?

both of my cars are 08' toyotas, neither of which are effected by the recall. however, this doesnt turn me away from their product in the slightest bit, even if i did have to take them in for repairs.

about the dirtbike, it looks nice even though its not a toyota product.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
exactly. didnt ford have some huge recall with the explorer and its tires or something a number of years ago?

both of my cars are 08' toyotas, neither of which are effected by the recall. however, this doesnt turn me away from their product in the slightest bit, even if i did have to take them in for repairs.

about the dirtbike, it looks nice even though its not a toyota product.
I tend to agree. Toyota will recover from this. I know that some of you might be thinking that I can't have it both ways. On one hand like Toyotas in general and then bash their Prius while bashing hybrids in general and also bash them for their recall. My answer... sure you can. Bashing big business is one thing that we do and do well.

roadkill

·
Registered
667 Posts
look up what toyota does with there monies. large contributor to the ACLU and Rainbow Push. 2 causes that i feel are distroying America. F Toyota I would not drive one if you gave it to me!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
look up what toyota does with there monies. large contributor to the ACLU and Rainbow Push. 2 causes that i feel are distroying America. F Toyota I would not drive one if you gave it to me!

Are you prejudice or just don't know what all the ACLU & Rainbow Push is involved in? Again..... As a race team member that is sponsored... You should stay away from vocalizing strong opinions on matter's like these unless this is something the entire team agrees on and would like known. No one says you can't have your own opinion but there are criteria you should consider when you have sponsors.

Exactly what is it about ACLU and Rainbow Push you do not like? Equal rights? Did you know they fight for everyone's "equal rights"? Just for there involvement in trying to stop the government from snooping in america's phone data bases I support them.

http://www.rainbowpush.org/PHP/detailpress.php?recid=809

·
Registered
667 Posts
not at all, just voicing my opinion, i said look it up and you decide, just know where your monies are going. And I do know what they stand for, I have a degree in Political Science and I am very informed, thank you. I don't need you to advise me on how to act or speak.

·
Registered
306 Posts
3 things you never speak about (Money, Politics, Religion). But this is going to start a new 30 post thread.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
why does this have to be about race? i never said anything about that, just look at the other issues, thank you. Typical answer always make it about race when it has nothing to do with it.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'm not trying to be d1ck with you either, I just find your comments a bit rash. Your opinion is welcome, I'm merely voicing mine.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I don't see where race was ever mentioned. I do have a problem when I lose a contract because it has to be given to a 8a contractor when I am the lowest price and have sufficient labor and material to do the job in a timely manor and with 100% professionalism. That doesn't sound like Equal Oppurtunity. But what do I know I'm only a Construction worker.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I bring it up because your long list of sponsors are advertised below any statement you make of such. When you advertise your sponsors in the same post as your opinions it reflects on them. Simple business ethics.
Do whatever you please, I'm not one be a b1tch and try to complain to one of them but I have seen it done many times by people who can't calm down after an exchange on a forum. I enjoy the company of having someone to argue with so we cool lol.

·
Registered
667 Posts
no need to argue, we can debate anything. Everyone has there opinions and they are there own. That is what is wrong with the world today everyone walks on eggshells. Stand up and be heard or be a follower, your choice. My opinions may or may not be the opinion of my sponsors, that is why I said they were mine! So are you comming to Hatfield????

·
Registered
667 Posts
Are you prejudice or just don't know what all the ACLU & Rainbow Push is involved in? Again..... As a race team member that is sponsored... You should stay away from vocalizing strong opinions on matter's like these unless this is something the entire team agrees on and would like known. No one says you can't have your own opinion but there are criteria you should consider when you have sponsors.

Exactly what is it about ACLU and Rainbow Push you do not like? Equal rights? Did you know they fight for everyone's "equal rights"? Just for there involvement in trying to stop the government from snooping in america's phone data bases I support them.

http://www.rainbowpush.org/PHP/detailpress.php?recid=809
here is where the race thing came from.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts