Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to measuring my front and rear track widths today, and have a question: With the ITP front rims and 22" RAZR's, it's 47 1/4" wide up front, and with the 22" rear RAZR's it measures 46 1/2" wide in the back. Isn't the rear track supposed to be slightly wider than the front? Could this adversely affect the handling?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
hey atleast u both got a xx to pull em dodge's out when they get stuck =]

·
Registered
671 Posts
Red-N-BlackXX is correct. If the rear is wider then the front, it can lead to the quad pushing in the corners. Well, I guess in the case of the 700XX, it can lead to the quad pushing even more then it already does.:tup:

Doug

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well sounds like I'll leave the rear width alone then, thanks.

As for the truck, I just got the '03 Dak back in November and so far I love it. I had a '97 Blazer for almost 10 years previously. That Blazer gave me a fair share of problems, and when the tranny was on its way out for the second time I decided to get out of it. So far the Dak has been reliable, did have to replace the upper ball joints and a couple emissions hoses. The 4.7 is a beast, but is thirsty for gas.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I do agree, I think your difference in width is good. I run my 450R's about 1" wider in the front.

So far the Dak has been reliable, did have to replace the upper ball joints and a couple emissions hoses. The 4.7 is a beast, but is thirsty for gas.
My only complaint about my 03 Dakota is it does suck down some gas, I have the 5.9 though, so it is really thirsty. My ball joints were done under recall and I just replaced my fuel pump this last Friday. Fuel pump itself was fine, but there is a check valve in it that keeps the fuel in the fuel rail at the engine. The check valve failed, so I would have to re-prime the system before I could start it, gets old having to turn the key on and off five or six times whenever I got in it. (Especially when I have been doing that for almost a year.) Fuel pump was pretty easy to change actually, buddy and I did it in about three hours, and that included some break time. Other then that I have just had normal maintainence stuff to do, it really has been a good truck.

Doug

·
Registered
239 Posts
Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust if it wasnt for Fords my tool would rust! And my rear is wider than my front not sure on the exact measurments but it doesnt push as bad as stock did!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
There's abit of leway on the front to back on the 700xx. You get simialar numbers on front to back , you'll not have a problem. I ran 44" front and 50" rear for last season and it did great. This season I am running Ed's + 1 1/4" a arms which should bring it to around 47" ish on the front. I would rather hit a tree with the rear than the front. IMO.
Heres is a pic.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Helmet Motor vehicle

Only bad thing is doesn't like to rail berms, tries to climb over them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts