Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about doing a deal with my TRX700 and getting a 2002 TRX400EX anyone know anything about the 400ex the 700 is just to much for me to handle at age 53.
Regards,
Dewking

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
thinking about doing a deal with my TRX700 and getting a 2002 TRX400EX anyone know anything about the 400ex the 700 is just to much for me to handle at age 53.
Regards,
Dewking

Keep the 700xx and just put a governor on it. LOL

Shonie

·
Registered
197 Posts
The 400ex is a great quad, I really have nothing bad to say about it. I had one for 9 years sold it to a buddy of mine never 1 problem it still has the original battery even. they handle great ride nice and are ultra reliable, they added reverse on the 05 model and up other than that and plastics they have been pretty much unchanged over the years. I sold my Ex to get my XX because i wanted IRS and more power and I am happy with my choice but the Ex is no slouch either. I'm sure you will like it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 400ex is a great quad, I really have nothing bad to say about it. I had one for 9 years sold it to a buddy of mine never 1 problem it still has the original battery even. they handle great ride nice and are ultra reliable, they added reverse on the 05 model and up other than that and plastics they have been pretty much unchanged over the years. I sold my Ex to get my XX because i wanted IRS and more power and I am happy with my choice but the Ex is no slouch either. I'm sure you will like it.
Thanks for the info,
Regards,
dewking

·
Registered
11 Posts
throttle

I'am 64 years old and I have thought about putting a screw into the throttle to keep it from opening full throttle. Put a nut to lock it with and you can set it for full or part throttle.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I'm 63 and still recovering from a stroke and for a while, I couldn't even dress myself. However, I'm doing much better and plan on racing XC this season in the SCCS.
I'd miss the power of the 700xx, but the 400ex is a good reliable quad... it's one of the reasons why Honda left it pretty much unchanged over the years.

roadkill

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive got a 700xx and 400ex, both great quads. I actually think you should ride the 700. the 400 beats me to death. 700 is like a Cadillac! just take it easy and you can ride without feeling beat up!

·
Registered
821 Posts
The 400ex is a good atv, but it will be rougher on you than the 700. The irs is smooth. And the power of the 700 is only as much as your thumb dictates. I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 400ex is a good atv, but it will be rougher on you than the 700. The irs is smooth. And the power of the 700 is only as much as your thumb dictates. I wouldn't do it.
The thumb is the problem..lol if i got i will use it.. and I have.. I have had the 700 for about 6 months and only put 5 hours it and allready im standing it straight up..dam thumb!
Regards,
dewking

·
Registered
197 Posts
+1 I own both and I have bad knees. I can't ride the 400ex for more than 20 mins without it killing me. I can ride the 700xx all day long. The 400ex is a great all around quad, and I can only put 3 bikes on my fiance when we hit the dirt drags, so it's still fast enough to be fun. The only time i like it better than the 700 is when I'm pulling it out of the mud. haha

·
Registered
538 Posts
if you're going to do it, go with a 05 or newer 400ex, they have reverse.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have owned my 400ex for a couple of years now. It is a rougher ride then the 700. I am around 6'1" and my biggest complaint is I feel cramped on the 400, especially after riding the 700. But the 400 is a extremely reliable machine. I haven't had much seat time on the 700 but I think the 400 is going to collect dust or even get sold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.