Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing the trail tech clamp with plastic indicator light cover with Pro Taper Contour Raptor bend I realized that the brake line and cables were a bit snug when you turned the bars. I contacted Trail Tech and they advised that a few people have had bigger bars then they should have had and it will over time wear the lines out. They suggested switching to a lower bend style bar. They recommended there mid bend X-bars and advised this would not have the same issue. Anyone have this problem

·
Registered
375 Posts
After installing the trail tech clamp with plastic indicator light cover with Pro Taper Contour Raptor bend I realized that the brake line and cables were a bit snug when you turned the bars. I contacted Trail Tech and they advised that a few people have had bigger bars then they should have had and it will over time wear the lines out. They suggested switching to a lower bend style bar. They recommended there mid bend X-bars and advised this would not have the same issue. Anyone have this problem
I had the mid bend Trail Tech bars and it's perfect. I wanted some silver ones so I tried out the TUSK chubb ones and it's perfect with those too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Hey thanks man. Thats what I have now and I don't have any issue's with them. Wish I had known that up front LOL

·
Registered
734 Posts
Did you try rerouting the cables/hoses?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes

Rappy,
The brake line was the main concern, it actually goes from a soft line to a hard line at the neck. So there was no choice other then to buy new lines and make them longer.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
so just put mine on last night cr hi bend also tight wires to brake need to be lengtheded not to sure on cutting off old wire clamps and break clamp and dont line up the same as far as clutch breake and throttle gonna need some tweaking.:eek:hno:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts