41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
man theres got to be a better way i dont like that either!:confused:

·
Registered
194 Posts
i have pro taper contour bars and the trail rech riser clamp. it works perfect and looks amazing and very clean. i removed the wire loops.

its well worth it and doesnt look at all like the pics quick posted. yikes man thats kinda rough, i mean hard to tell from the pics but something not routed right or its sloppy or something.

i still have to install the stainless steel lines on mine and the extended steering stem, then i will really be able to hide the the wires and cables right in to the sides of the plastic piece that comes with the trail tech riser. it will be the cleanest yet most factory or better looking set up i have ever seen for handle bar cables and wires.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
And if you notice there are no pictures yet of a modified housing. If you don't mind removing tabs and the brake line support clip I'm sure this kit would fit fine. If I were to do it again I wouldn't advise modifying the plastic housing!
i have pro taper contour bars and the trail rech riser clamp. it works perfect and looks amazing and very clean. i removed the wire loops.

its well worth it and doesnt look at all like the pics quick posted. yikes man thats kinda rough, I mean hard to tell from the pics but something not routed right or its sloppy or something.

Yea I'm sure the housing fits fine like I said, once you remove the wire tabs as well as the brake line support tab. I tried to modify the $6.95 housing instead of braking and removing support parts off the Honda. It was a option in there install directions. But like I said before the wire tabs are not really the issue, so much as the brake line support tab. Also note I said I would not advise modding the housing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
lol. noted

just thought ur post was fairly negative about the trail tech. i absolutely love it. its quality is about as good as it gets with aftermarket if u ask me.

just didnt want it to scare anyone away from buying one is all.

its hard on forums cuz things can be taken out of context or taken so many different ways.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

i still have to install the stainless steel lines on mine and the extended steering stem, then i will really be able to hide the the wires and cables right in to the sides of the plastic piece that comes with the trail tech riser. it will be the cleanest yet most factory or better looking set up i have ever seen for handle bar cables and wires.

Okay I just have a couple things to follow up on. Did you just remove the wire loops, like you say above? And also like 08700xx shows in his pictures, attached link below.

http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showpost.php?p=7043&postcount=28

And I see no possible way to route the cables on the inside of that plastic cover. I would like to see the pictures of that once you get your new SS lines!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes those loops. I cut them off then ground down the weld a bit. The electronic wires r what I'll be running inside the plastic dash. I'm going to cut a perfect slit up each side to a 1/2 inch hole that I drill. This was the nasty bumpy looking electronics will be tucked away. Basically all that will be visible is the new thin red brake line and the throttle cable and the clutch cable. Should be very very clean.

I'll be ice racing this weekend on one of my trikes but next week ill put it together. I have the Teixeira stem and the steel brake lines now. Just gotta do it.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Yes those loops. I cut them off then ground down the weld a bit.
So you didn't have to remove the brake line support tab, on the right side? IDK I know 08700xx shows he left it on his, but Trail tech shows braking it off as well as the wire loops, even thou they don't mention it in there install directions. that was the part that was not allowing the riser to sit on the stem for me.

I e-mail trail tech to see what they had to say. I was kinda hard on the product to them as well, but I think they handled it as well as could be expected.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
3 install pics from Trail Tech

1st picture, notice the eyelet for the brake line support tab in the jaws of the vise grips.

2nd picture both wire loops and brake line support tab removed.

3rd picture finished product from drivers seat view.

I'm not bashing the product at all. Just there instructions are vague to say the least. And wait till you see what there tech has to say about modifying the cover! And keep in mind there install directions say,

Stem Cover: On the steering stem, there are 2
welded wire tabs (See photo below.) The tabs will
either need to be removed, or the stem cover will need
to be modified to fit over the tabs. To remove the tabs,
bend them off with a pair of pliers, then use a grinder to
remove any sharp edges.

He said if I was to modify the cover I'm on my own, lol! Well like I said I would not advise it either at this point. They did offer to ship me a new $6.95 cover if I paid almost $10.00 shipping!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Tech support email pasted below

scroll down to the middle where the head is shaking to read my e-mail to them 1st.

3 Attachments3.7MBSlideshowSave All to Computer
1) The indicator light that is larger then the others is because it doubles as a key switch provision for the 400 & 450. There should be a small retainer ring with allows you to install the fourth indicator light.

2) You are correct regarding bending, breaking, and grinding parts on your TRX or modifying the stem cover. (although I’d prefer to say snip off) You are faced with the dilemma of whether you want to use the clamps and zip-tie your brake line to another existing cable or not use the clamps. If you are uncomfortable cutting off the tabs and would prefer to modify the cover then you are on your own.

3) The stem covers are available by themselves and they will include the necessary parts to install all four indicator lights. I will replace the one you have attempted to modify for free if you will pay the shipping.

I have attached some photos for you to view as reference. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will do my best to assist you.

Kind regards,
Brian DeHate
Sales & Tech Support
1600 SE 18th Ave
Battle Ground , WA 98604
Ph: (360) 687-4530
Fax: (360) 687-8164
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2013 1:05 PM

:eek:hno:

To: tech support
Subject: Part Number: 030L-H700F

I recently purchase the trail-tech 1 1/8" bar clamp with stem cover. I specifically wanted this for the dash lights relocation. This by far has been the worst attempt at a modification I have done to my Honda Trx700xx.
1st off the top center hole, you show for neutral light, is twice the size of other holes. And all 4 indicated lights are the same size! I see it shows for all lights, but under replacement parts it says 3 lights and ignition switch? So what would I do with the 4th light, if I could install it in the 1st place. 2nd your direction even say you have to bend, break and grind parts off the Trx700 for it to fit, or modify the cover. What it dose not say or show you is how to modify the cover. And the fact that its not just 2 welded wire tabs. The one is a bracket that supports the front brake line! So instead of cutting that off my quad I spent most of the day cutting on that plastic dash to try and make it work! There is no room for it to fit and still leave the brake support bracket in place. If you have any tips or photo's that my help I'd appreciate it greatly. Although there isn't much left of my cover piece. I do see there sold separately, but I'm not sure I want to cut that support off my quad, please help!.

Pasted below is your install tip directions.

Stem Cover: On the steering stem, there are 2
welded wire tabs (See photo below.) The tabs will
either need to be removed, or the stem cover will need
to be modified to fit over the tabs. To remove the tabs,
bend them off with a pair of pliers, then use a grinder to
remove any sharp edges

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
thats not a bolt on mod in my opinion if you have to cut and grind and mess other stuff up to make it work theres got to be a better way .i am not a fan of parts like that as i have a very little or no one around LA that knows shit about any atv or aftermarket parts!!!:xx::xx::xx::xx:

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.