Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Resistor

Almost got my Vapor tachometer working as it should, like you, mine was reading all over the place, customer service for them here in the UK was not great, helpful up to a point but never offered me a replacement lead with the resistor built in, I purchased the 700XX kit so it should have been included, they did tell me what size (value) it was, something in the 400 - 500k range, managed to buy a resistor from a company here in the UK called Maplins, guess it's almost the same as your Radio Shack, electrical components etc.
Soldered a 470k resistor into the tach lead, they also said the Vapor should have it's own power lead direct from the battery, tachometer lead to the coil and earth to the battery.
PPR should be on .5. On this setting the reading is fairly stable, tickover is around 1500rpm as it should be, even with the lights on, before the mods just turning on the lights made it go all over the place, mine is used on the road only so I can run at a constant speed and the reading is fairly stable if you use the digital reading in the bottom right hand corner of the display, bar graph is not so stable and differcult to read when riding.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts