Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordering a set of XC Masters for days when there isn't as much of a mud focus, but want to have a second set of wheels with some mud tires for when the conditions call for it. First trip is in 2 weeks and it is muddy so I need them somewhat promptly. I think after a lot of searching I've narrowed it down to one of three Bear Claws and the Zilla. These are going on 10" Douglas wheels. Not sure which option to pick.

**All specs from Dennis Kirk
Bear Claw 0.8" Tread:
24 x 11, 23.2" diameter 21.37lbs
23 x 10, 23" diameter 22lbs
22 x 12, 21.1" diameter 23.56lbs

Maxxis Zilla
0.6" tread: 22 x 11, 15.6lbs

I am not sure I believe the .6 on the Maxxis (mudthrower says .75") I am also having a hard time with the weight as they seem really light (mudthrower has the 22-10-9 at 15.2lbs).

Fronts will be 22" XC Masters for both the dry and mud tires. What would you pick?

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
The xc master tires will surprise you in muddy conditions. Of the other 2, I've ran claws but not zillas. Claws are good but heavy & there probably cheaper. If I were you, I'd run the gbc once, before you buy more tires, that you may not need.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I also will use them in the snow so something with a paddle makes sense but didn't want to cloud the discussion as I would optimize them for muddy trails and deal with less than perfect for the snow. I live on Lake Minnetonka so while I primarily snowmobile, if I just need to get somewhere on the lake I will hop on the XX. I'll order up a set of the claws for that.

·
Super Moderator
5,866 Posts
Well I know the Bear Claws will work in the snow, a lot better than the GBC Xc master tires. Speaking of snow, I'm wondering if you seen this youtube video?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.