Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm taking a trip down to Kentucky in a few weeks to do some riding on a friend's property. What are some good basic tools to make up a "trail tool kit"? Basically, what do you take with you when you go riding away from home?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Do you mean what you take with you when riding or in your truck for when you come back from riding?

·
Registered
306 Posts
1/4", 3/8", 1/2" socket wrenches and 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 17mm, 24mm, Screwdrivers, socket extensions, Channel locks. I would make sure you carry a seperate container for just fluids (brake fluid, coolant, oil, chain lube, filter cleaner, grip glue (crazy but I have had to use it twice). Thhe bike doesn't take a ton of tools to work on it but it does take multiple tools on the same nut and bolt. What I am getting at is don't take 1-12mm socket, you might need another 12mm to hold the bolt end or something. Take a good look at your bike and figure out what wrenches, sockets you would nee to take it apart and take them with you. I have a homedepot special rolling tool chest that is 30" long by 18" wide and 2' tall and it works perfect to take in the truck with the quad for a little weekend warrior riding.

·
Registered
528 Posts
sears has a full 3 drawer plastic carry case full of 1/2",#/8" and 1/4" drive and wrenches allens, the works, my buddy had one and we rebuilt a 289 mustang engine and a 2002 mustang engine with it in his shop. it has everything you will need except pliers and channellocks, its about 16"x16"x12" and easy to carry.

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts