Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going through the Tucker Rocky catalog right now and it looks like there will be a trailer hitch for the XX coming out 10/30/09. Anyone think they might put one on their quad? I think I probably will.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who knows... would be a good spot to put a clevis if i had to yank it out of some mud or something.

·
Registered
150 Posts
tru that but the trailer hitch they sell my not b too good for that. cause the ones i seen for sport quads usually are for light loads the way they bolt on. but who knows

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a local garage weld a receiver on mine and it works great. I used it to pull my trailer out of my backyard, for yardwork if needed and to hook a tow line to it. Let me know if you wanna see pics

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a local garage weld a receiver on mine and it works great. I used it to pull my trailer out of my backyard, for yardwork if needed and to hook a tow line to it. Let me know if you wanna see pics
That's pretty much the exact reasons I want one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You'll burn up your clutches....

Not with a 12t, no make it an 11t CS sprocket!!

Seriously though, my brother has a 350 rancher 4X4 at the farm and it is SO much better for any kind of work. Geared way lower which makes it easier to maneuver/ motivate heavy loads even though it has less than half the horsepower of the XX. You don't realize how fast the XX is even with a 13t at idle in first gear until you jump on a true utility and start crawling.

That being said, it would be great for getting unstuck or what have you, but for lawn work I'd use something more suitable. Even a lawn mower would be better IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
"but for lawn work I'd use something more suitable. Even a lawn mower would be better IMO."

Exactly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not hauling anythintg to heavy, small trailer with some diret or rockys in it...trust me the quad can handle it just fine.

·
Registered
184 Posts
if you need to pull a trailor buy a utility quad cuse then you have another excuse for a 4x4quad.:D I have a foreman 450 4x4 and I would never think of using the 700xx for towing the trailor I have. but I would like a good place to hook to to pull the GF kawi 450r and any thing else that I can make fun of for being stuck or broken.:lmao: so ya I would buy one if it did not take my ground clearance or hamper the mantiance of the 700, but pull a trailor na not worth it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I see conflicting views here on this but I think I will order a hitch for my 700xx. (Looking at the Quadboss at 4wheelonline.com)

Main reason for this is rare light yard work. Would hooking up a light plastic 12 cu ft poly cart to move mulch or some firewood really hurt this machine? Would lower gearing help ease the wear and tear? I have already ordered and planned to install a 13 tooth sprocket.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
or haulin a 15lb trail trailer for really long rides...

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I see conflicting views here on this but I think I will order a hitch for my 700xx. (Looking at the Quadboss at 4wheelonline.com)

Main reason for this is rare light yard work. Would hooking up a light plastic 12 cu ft poly cart to move mulch or some firewood really hurt this machine? Would lower gearing help ease the wear and tear? I have already ordered and planned to install a 13 tooth sprocket.
IMO it will suck for yardwork unless you have a huge yard. Having the added weight of the trailer on the rear will only give it more grip and a wider turning radius. It will also really mess up your grass.

Just my opinion....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
122 Posts
I can see both sides, I must say I would have to pass on it. As far as towing a trailer on long rides... That would really suck for the guy towing the trailer he or she would have to take it easy and not cut up so I would most certainly have to pass

·
Registered
157 Posts
IMO it will suck for yardwork unless you have a huge yard. Having the added weight of the trailer on the rear will only give it more grip and a wider turning radius. It will also really mess up your grass.

Just my opinion....
Thanks for the reply. But could you explain the logic please. What does the size of the yard have to do with the machine's ability to tow a light load occassionally? As far as the grass, I am not looking to hammer the throttle through my lawn so how would the effect be worse than that or driving a car over the lawn occassionally?

I am just trying to understand why some people are so anti using this for any type of hauling. If it makes sense to me I wont do it but it's the only ATV I own so if it could assist me in some work the few times a year I need it, why not? The little bit of use certiantly isn't worth purchasing a utility ATV to me.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Small yard + WIDE turning radius = 12 point turns with a trailer (and a torn up yard) The reason it will tear up your yard is that the outside tire in a turn will turn equally as fast as the inside tire and something is going to give and grinding your turf into something resembling what comes out the rear end of a cow. Your car has a differential that allows the outside tire to spin at a different rate than the inside tire in a turn.

Like this (but not exactly)

Also, I'm not anti-doing that, I'm just trying to help you with the expected outcome. I'm not saying that I think you're stupid or anything like that, I'm really trying to help you.

:thumbup:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 36 Posts