Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need trailer to haul the beast. Anyone have any suggestions/preferences? How much do they run? Sorry so many questions...

·
Registered
187 Posts
check out craigs list if your looking for a cheap used trailer, you should be able to find one for a couple hundred. here is a 6' x 10' for $300 for just the trailer or with 2 quads for $4000.00 http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/1525131812.html I`m not sure what snowmobile trailers are going for but you could get a brand new all steel 6'x12' for around $1000.00. Don`t know what your towing with but you might want to spend more coin and go alluminum, they last forever and weigh less saving coin at the pump.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hey, I went with the harborfrieght 40x48 and bought some angle iron... 13 inch wheels. Cost around $400 (including iron) ne. doubled the deck with 4 overlapping 3/4 inch plywood, then finished off with truck bed liner paint (spray). I also welded the angle iron and extended the tongue.

It works well, has been on the highway 3x 180 miles round trip.. I would say go at LEAST 13 inch wheels, and make sure you have some extra space to tie her down.

I was selling mine, but the title is screwed because of the modifications. Another $180 for inspection etc, so I ride with the old tag bent up so its out of sight. If I do sell it would be for next to nothing considering the title and inspection... $200 max (no resale)

If I were to do it all over again, I would go with a 5x10 or 4x8 with loading gate and the largest possible wheels (15) the trailer would fit. Something about flying down rt 80 at 75 mph.. to nervous although my current trailer has been good so far

My favorite are the ones lowes offers.. cost around 1200...

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Went to lowes and bought a 4x6 for $430 perfect for the 700xx unless you widened the rear end then it won't fit since it's only 48" wide

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Tractor Supply has some decent trailers for under a grand. I have a nice enclosed trailer, 7.5' by 18' for sale, tandem axle with brakes. :) Will def fit your 700, plus two others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
northern tool company has a trailer kit that you can buy.. you have to put it together yourself and then get it titled, but it is a good kit. It costs 400.00 on ebay including shipping and everything! it is 4' by 8' and has enough room for my 700 plus gear in the front and back and only weighs 300 pounds ( plus it tilts for easy loading )! Just let me know and Ill get you the info on it! Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Sorry Hondarider, sold the trailer on the 14th. Got 5k for it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Between the kits and pre-assembled trailers (like loadright)

To me it depends on how you plan to tow the bike.

Local speeds will not exceed 45 MPH then go for the harborfreight or tractor supply.

If you plan on going for long distance, then I would go with 14 inch tires or larger with a spare etc. loadright or some other trailer that comes assembled etc. Just seems the build quality is much better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts