Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, for those in the know, how much did you average spending per HP?

From what I've seen it appears that box stock is around 40 HP/37'lb.

I see a dyno sheet claiming 48/44 w/combo platter.

EHS offers a package for $875 and @ C-note per pony that's a real good average I would think.

Well under a grand for 20% boost.

I'm not familiar w/their efi or how it stacks up against a PC.

I know the PC-V is expensive, don't know if it's available for the XX, while being able to switch between two maps, on the fly, and program from a laptop would justify some additional expense.

Does anyone make a full pipe that isn't loud?

I'm more interested in the torque values. Seeing how you need back pressure, for low-end, mid-range grunt, wouldn't it stand to reason that you could accomplish that w/quiet can?

Or, is this one of those mythical fairy tales where I'm wishing in one hand and taking a dump in the other to determine which will fill the fastest?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yes, there are quiet full systems available. I've had the FMF Q4 w/ Powerbomb header and it sounded really nice and was below 96db.

Haven't even tried to figure the money I've invested... Best I don't.

I wouldn't think you are going to lose much torque with the different cans. The size of the header would make notable differences.

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Let's put it this way, the $$$ we put in, we won't ever get it back if and when we sell the beast, lol!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
That goes with Auto's, Atv's, LawnMowers and Girlfriends

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Very true. I learned this the hard way. When I purchased my house it was in excellent shape but a bit outdated. I dropped 20 grand in it to remodel and had it reappraised.... Every bit of 5 grande more than I purchased it. I was told this was not because of the economy though. He stated age does not effect price much, The condition is the biggest player.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
That goes with Auto's, Atv's, LawnMowers and Girlfriends
I guess I have never put a performance part on a girlfriend. I suppose that is why they always suck, LMAO

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I was thinking in terms of your basic upgrade package. I know there's no looking back or recouping wages wagered.

Once I had figured that on an 85 hp bike that I could pick up 10 extra ponies for 12 hundred clams.

This was your standard V&H, PCIII, dyno & choice of 3 differing airboxes.

Evah so roughly.

I see the big III bandied about almost as if it came shrink wrapped on cardboard as the Cal Custom bolt-on supremo.

I guess the airbox could have chrome raised fins.

I wish the XX would come out w/power assist steering so I could snag a 4' shifter w/eight-ball baby...

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I guess I have never put a performance part on a girlfriend. I suppose that is why they always suck, LMAO
Need to get one of those battery operated thing :D

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts