Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Open house this past weekend was a blast! Didnt really rain that hard, i got to race my xx. in 500ft i ran an 8.031 at 64.99 mph. I should be running 7.8s with it but i cant keep it from coming straight up on me off the line. other then that i took 6th out of 70 some ppl heads up, i smoked a yfz 450 with motor mods he ran 8.554 at 60.13 mph. Then i got knocked out in the 5th round against a really built honda 450 that was just for drag racing. He ran a 7.652 at 66.78 mph. that guy took 2nd for the night. the guy that took 1st was in the 6 second range running over 80mph haha.

·
Registered
579 Posts
What kinda bike took first? & good job with the XX.. Someone needs to design & sell a wheelie bar for our XX's

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha, its a honda 450, well thats what it started as. all i know is that the whole bike is made from titanium, i also know that there is a 1200 dollar harley davidson carburator on it. and he is puttng out 95horsepower. he crosses the finish in a wheelie. id say if he could hook up and actually keep it on the track he would most likely be in the 5 second range at over 90mph. i know the bike is over 30,000$ invested. i dont see and nitrous im pretty sure thats all motor. its insane, he bunny hops the hole quad off off the ground out of the hole sometimes. i want my blaster fixed haha!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Bout time we had a +6" rear end for the 700xx. I would love to build one, drag racing a quad is unheard of in the UK. Now there's something to think about !:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drag racing unheard of?? lol really? They dont drag race in the UK?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha did u see the episode of top gear where there testing quads?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It wasnt good but it was funny because they have no clue how to ride.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey i was racing the red and black xx i talked to you for a few min up there. I got knocked out early in the drags by a 450...i popped my front end up and almost came back on my self then i stalled out when i came back down.... it gave him an easy win. that was my first time drag racing and i was running around 58mph. i will definetly be practicing for the next time though.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Drag racing unheard of?? lol really? They dont drag race in the UK?
Tarmac drag racing "Oh yeah" but sand drag racing , they have never heard of it ! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey i was racing the red and black xx i talked to you for a few min up there. I got knocked out early in the drags by a 450...i popped my front end up and almost came back on my self then i stalled out when i came back down.... it gave him an easy win. that was my first time drag racing and i was running around 58mph. i will definetly be practicing for the next time though.
Haha yeah i remember you. I knocked you out i think in atv bracket class. You need to get some mods done to your xx, pipe, efi controller and air cleaner will help you alot. i should be running 7.8 seconds but the track was to loose in the beginning of the night. i took 6th in heads up. i got knocked out by the guy that took second.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i think you knocked out the other kid with the stock xx. mine has and fmf pipe, fmf power programmer and a uni air filter. My programmer is still set at it stock settings, it did make a huge differance but it was only my first day riding with it so i havent changed anything...yet. I got knocked out to the blue raptor that was all decked out. i agree they put way to much water on the track it was really bad...they were running a lot of laps on the track before the races trying to get it to dry up a little.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok lol i know who you are now, i forgot there were 2 other xx's there. what was that raptor running?

·
Registered
32 Posts
i didnt get to talk to him much...by the time i restarted my bike he was almost past the finish line so i couldnt even tell you how close it would have been...a little more practice and i will be ready for the next time. as i said i never raced anything before so it was a new experience for me

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Leave on the last yellow light, that will boost up your reaction time alot. I would be racing this saturday but i smashed my rim into the rear a arm when i hit a rock.

·
Registered
32 Posts
that sucks...i wont be up for a while with my work schedule. it looks like i wont be riding till june sometime. oh well i will see you there some other time im sure

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im there every race haha, so im sure you will see me again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts